Empty Capsules, which is best

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We bought vegetable capsules too, but not so sure about them either. I think any of them can go rancid so really don't know. Was going to put in cayenne ,,cinnamon an epsom salts and other things,but so far never used them.

We bought vegetable capsules too, but not so sure about them either. I think any of them can go rancid so really don't know. Was going to put in cayenne ,,cinnamon an epsom salts and other things, but so far never used them.
They are tricky to fill.
I have always purchased vegetable capsules. The company is out of the ones I usually purchase, so I started to do some research. Not sure veggie is the way to go. Most are made with hpmc. It seems to be 50/50 on good or not. So I thought why not gelatin? Thoughts?
I have some that I bought a couple years ago. I have never used them. Gelatin might be good, but I am not sure. It comes from animal bones, but who knows which animals are used in the production of gelatin and gelatin capsules. I imagine the vegan and vegetable world has created a need for vegetable capsules. I wonder what is used to make them?

They are tricky to fill.

I have some that I bought a couple years ago. I have never used them. Gelatin might be good, but I am not sure. It comes from animal bones, but who knows which animals are used in the production of gelatin and gelatin capsules. I imagine the vegan and vegetable world has created a need for vegetable capsules. I wonder what is used to make them?
Veggie ones are made from wood pulp and gelatin, well like was said, who knows what animals.guess its tit for tat.

We bought vegetable capsules too, but not so sure about them either. I think any of them can go rancid so really don't know. Was going to put in cayenne ,,cinnamon an epsom salts and other things,but so far never used them.
i made cayenne but never heard of epsom salts in them. Can you explain?

Veggie ones are made from wood pulp and gelatin, well like was said, who knows what animals.guess its tit for tat.

i made cayenne but never heard of epsom salts in them. Can you explain?

Lilmis, Easier to copy than type.

Epsom Salt: Benefits, Uses, and Side Effects

Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulfate. It’s a chemical compound made up of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen.

It gets its name from the town of Epsom in Surrey, England, where it was originally discovered.

Epsom salts relax the blood vessels, which can lower blood pressure. This is a benefit for someone who suffers from hypertension, or high blood pressure. However, for someone whose blood pressure is below 120/80, which is normal according to MedlinePlus, lowering blood pressure too much can lead to hypotension and cause medical complications like dizziness and shock.

I think in small doese it helps my BP and also with regularity. But the taste is terribel so capsuls would help.

I have used both kinds of capsules and notice no difference in longevity stored. Bulk purchase of mixed herbs and single herbs for various health issues, and I bought an "encapsulator". Little heavy duty plastic white thing that holds 24 capsules. It comes with a plastic card, like a credit card, that you swoop the herbs into, then, because it doesn't pack the capsule, I use a chopstick to push the herbs in so I can continue to push more herb mix in. There are youtube videos of how to use the "machine."
Capsule Machine
1603326378724.png

@Weedygarden Gelatin is a product formed from collagen which is derived from the skin, bones, organs and connective tissues of animals including beef, pork and fish. In addition, some manufacturers are Kosher and Halal certified which tells us they don't use any pork-derived gelatin. <<< I copied that from "teh internets"
I'm surprised they don't use agar agar which is from seaweed. I used to use it to make desserts without using animal products (back when I was less inclined to eat meat products). It is similar to gelatin.

I use 00 gelatin capsules for my moringa and the kids metamucil. I have a do hicky similar to the one Patchouli posted to fill them.

Gelatin capsules have to be taken with a meal or your body just lets them pass through. If you use cornstarch and a bit of water you can make compress tablets that will readily dissolve. You will need a tablet punch set but they can be made.

Latest posts

Back