Essential Oil Distillation Process

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how the prices of essential oils were determined and who got to do that.
Thanks for posting this as it was something I've wondered about but didn't explore.
Using essential oils can be tricky around cats and dogs, can help with some human ailments almost miraculously, and can increase immunity. Some are dangerous for humans too.

They are taken very seriously around here. People go for "treatments" all the time. My favorite cousin's dil is a Young Living higher up. Their product is pricey. Thought I was good to go for this Christmas season...still had frankencense and myrrh from last year, and now I see she is selling a sacred frankincense, I worry about how many people ingest these, and I've seen some put them directly on open cuts. It always gets infected. Everything the dil bakes has an essential oil in it. Husband can't handle the difussers. Makes his asthma go crazy. My fav cousin knew she had covid when she couldn't smell her difusser going, and couldn't taste her coffee.

They are taken very seriously around here. People go for "treatments" all the time. My favorite cousin's dil is a Young Living higher up. Their product is pricey. Thought I was good to go for this Christmas season...still had frankencense and myrrh from last year, and now I see she is selling a sacred frankincense, I worry about how many people ingest these, and I've seen some put them directly on open cuts. It always gets infected. Everything the dil bakes has an essential oil in it. Husband can't handle the difussers. Makes his asthma go crazy. My fav cousin knew she had covid when she couldn't smell her difusser going, and couldn't taste her coffee.
Daughter bought an infuser and when I walked into her place, I had an instant migraine. I met a man who said that one of them saved his life. It may have been Frankincense or Myrh, I don't remember. I just remember it was one of the things that is mentioned in the Bible that the three wise men took when they went to see Jesus.

That would be GOLD. :)

I am unsure about an essential oil but I know it is eaten on some desserts. :)

Some people are very sensitive to scents with essential oils My husband for one. Headaches, difficulty in breathing are some problems. I'm not bothered too much, but I do get an instant "ewwww" thought in my head if a man overdoes cologne. That's not a good smell. I do like the smell of the mints, sage, and frankincense.

Some people are very sensitive to scents with essential oils My husband for one. Headaches, difficulty in breathing are some problems. I'm not bothered too much, but I do get an instant "ewwww" thought in my head if a man overdoes cologne. That's not a good smell. I do like the smell of the mints, sage, and frankincense.

I'm one that can't be around many of the scents. Instant headache and wheezing.

Latest posts

Back