Everything we thought we knew about nuclear war MIGHT be wrong!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some arm chair Generals say South Carolina will be hit, because of the Fort Jackson training post.
Others say South Carolina does not met the threat level or a large population, so we are not important enough.
China & Russia has lot of bombs so who knows.
I would put money on Charelston being a target. Boeing plant, and huge shipyard/port are good targets. Savanah River plant could be as well

I would put money on Charelston being a target. Boeing plant, and huge shipyard/port are good targets. Savanah River plant could be as well
Large population cities and major military installations have always been #1 and #2 on lists that our enemies have.
You don't necessarily have to be close to a huge metropolis to be close to a target.

Large population cities and major military installations have always been #1 and #2 on lists that our enemies have.
You don't necessarily have to be close to a huge metropolis to be close to a target.
True, if they hit every state, but it is my hope that not all nukes will get though & some states will not be a targeted, because of better targets.
Even if I & everyone I know go up in smoke, it is my hope that we as a nation, are just to big for most countries to wide off the face of the earth.
And they will have their own Hell Fire to deal with.

True, if they hit every state, but it is my hope that not all nukes will get though & some states will not be a targeted, because of better targets.
Even if I & everyone I know go up in smoke, it is my hope that we as a nation, are just to big for most countries to wide off the face of the earth.
And they will have their own Hell Fire to deal with.
This is what has kept the peace since the end of the cold war.
MAD = Mutual Assured Destruction. Which means that if an exchange happened, both countries would effectively be completely destroyed.
The difference today is, there are a lot more than just two 'players' in the game. :(

Offical answers to the cookie question.

Throw away the Neutron.

Hold the alpha so its as far from your organs as possible

Beta in your pocket because your jeans will block it.

Eat the gamma because its the hardest to stop, and also the least likely to cause problems so you may as well eat it as your risk is no worse than it being anywhere near you, Compared to the Alpha and beta that would both be bad to have internally. Neutron is similar to gamma but since you have to throw away one, may as well be it.

Well since this thread is about nuclear war, I can expand some history.
Back in the old days if Russia was going to send ICBMs or bombers to us, they would have to go over the Arctic Circle since they didn't have missiles in Cuba anymore. This is why NORAD was built.
We had all the time they would be going over Canada to deal with them.

Things are vastly different today with the evolution of technology. This explains the creation of The Space Force.
How an exchange would happen today, and between whom, is anybody's guess.
Our part is still the same: survive the after effects and not dying from unnecessary exposure to radiation.

Last edited:
I very rarely will sit thru a video that someone posts that is longer than 3 minutes.(that's my attention span :rolleyes:).
But I watched that one :).
Much good information.
The nice thing about the TED Talks is, it is not driven by commerce.
No financial force exerted on it in any way to sway the message.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back