EV's, Like It Or Not, They Are Soon To Be Mandated

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EV will go down the drain...very soon
GAS-OIL-DIESEL still and will always be the BEST
I have to take to the other side for a minute.
For people that only drive around 'the city', they are a much better choice.
(remember, most households have 3 vehicles)
How old am I?
I remember when all the golf-carts roaming around the golf-course were gasoline.
I saw the electrics take over...
They are only driving around 18 holes, today you can't find a single gas one.

Last edited:
..maybe the tech will be improved 100 years from now but by then... I believe.. we will be either back living simply because of shifts on this earthy plane that is out of our control or we will have anti gravity tech and other power producing or harnessing type technology available
For some reason this made me think of the hype against 4g and 5g cell phones that may (or may not) cause cancer and brain tumors. Imagine the amount of magnetic field or energy pulse required to make a vehicle hover and drive based off of an electrical field.

I am hoping my old gasoline vehicles and my diesel outlast me. I have no interest at all in an electric farce vehicle.

And wind turbine are hell as well and ugly

https://cen.acs.org/environment/recycling/companies-recycle-wind-turbine-blades/100/i27
  • Turbines produce noise and alter visual aesthetics/ugly
  • Wind plants can impact local wildlife.
https://windmillskill.com/blog/windfarms-kill-10-20-times-more-previously-thought

1712442369959.png

1712441683406.png

For some reason this made me think of the hype against 4g and 5g cell phones that may (or may not) cause cancer and brain tumors. Imagine the amount of magnetic field or energy pulse required to make a vehicle hover and drive based off of an electrical field.

I am hoping my old gasoline vehicles and my diesel outlast me. I have no interest at all in an electric farce vehicle.
If we imagine this utilizing conventional power sources ..yes
Perhaps there is a unconventional or maybe undiscovered , rediscovered or reverse engineered modality of lift humans have yet to find, utilize n master.
Frequencies..magnetism..cymatics
If were still plugging along in 100 years, I imagine there is much to the advancement of technology we could utilize hopefully to our benefit..

I have to take to the other side for a minute.
For people that only drive around 'the city', they are a much better choice.
Sorry to drag this thread back on topic (EV's), but I am on a tear.
If you look at the videos of traffic in the big city, half of their time is spent idling at stop lights.
90% of taxi-cabs should be EV's because they never leave the city limits and much of the rest of their time, (besides at red lights :() is spent idling while picking up or dropping off passengers.
My motivation is not from the 'climate-change' view, but more from: "leave the damgasoline alone for those of us that really need it!"gaah

I imagine the real agenda is to radically reduce the number of miles driven by the population. Control of the masses is what's really going on here.

In congress & want to become rich? Invest in stock of companies that you know will go up because of laws you pass. Want to make a lot of money real fast. Pass law mandating an area of the market that isn't high to start with, electric anything, cleaning pollution & so on. But how do you justify those things with the public, by saving the earth of course. You can also make money killing industries by selling short. Oh & you can make money under the table by taking bribes from countries like china. Politicians want money & power. Money to become wealthy & power to stay in charge to become even more wealthy.
Old Tex. You hit the nail on the head
Stop and think for a minute
When you see a news real from commie countries what do you see in the streets?
Nothing. No cars,
The dems are attacking the constitution and what exactly is under attack?
Freedom of speech
Freedom to be armed
Freedom of unlawful search
Freedom of the frght of due process
The main ingredients needed to control the people
Thetimeisheretopickupyour. Oh no. Can not finish that sentence

If we imagine this utilizing conventional power sources ..yes
Perhaps there is a unconventional or maybe undiscovered , rediscovered or reverse engineered modality of lift humans have yet to find, utilize n master.
Frequencies..magnetism..cymatics
If were still plugging along in 100 years, I imagine there is much to the advancement of technology we could utilize hopefully to our benefit..
What?

Okay let me put my stamp on this one. First I'm not one who cares much what others say or do or what laws may be written now days. Once they got so corrupted I quit caring, legal, illegal who cares they don't. I'll keep my gas and diesels until they die or I do and several of them are older than I am and I can likely keep them going until after I'm gone.

Now far as EV's go they can be a lot of fun, instant torque. They are also nice in the NO NOISE department. FOR THINGS LIKE GOLF CARTS AND SIDE BY SIDES electric can be a blast. Even better when it's self solar powered with it's own panel.

On the flip side there is no infrastructure in this country to handle EVs for the masses and they are USELESS for long distance at this time.

Okay let me put my stamp on this one. First I'm not one who cares much what others say or do or what laws may be written now days. Once they got so corrupted I quit caring, legal, illegal who cares they don't. I'll keep my gas and diesels until they die or I do and several of them are older than I am and I can likely keep them going until after I'm gone.

Now far as EV's go they can be a lot of fun, instant torque. They are also nice in the NO NOISE department. FOR THINGS LIKE GOLF CARTS AND SIDE BY SIDES electric can be a blast. Even better when it's self solar powered with it's own panel.

On the flip side there is no infrastructure in this country to handle EVs for the masses and they are USELESS for long distance at this time.
The biggest threat to keeping the internal combustion vehicle going will sourcing the fuel. When the nut jobs declare hydrocarbons can only be used "classic cars" and then there will be fuel available for the rest. I wouldn't be surprised if they do that.

Arrrggghhg!!!

What gets my panties in a bind is the mad rush from a standardized energy fueling scheme to a yet to be determined standard.

1) With normal vehicles we can go from empty to full in a matter of minutes.
2) The fuel nozzle is compatible with every car regardless of make.
3) The amount of energy per unit fuel is assured by standards of weights and measures.

The powers in control are skipping down a blind path tossing standards to the wind. It drives me nuts when people don't think ahead when doing simple stuff let alone big changes like going to EVs.

Let's me start by solving issue #1, rapid refresh. I don't feel we have to develop any new break throughs. By adapting existing ideas to an EV answer

A) Laptops are capable of monitoring the state of their batteries predicting how much time is left how fast they are charging, the temp etc. The tech needs only be adapted.

B) Battery powered tools use a standard interface that allows quickly swapping a battery for a fresh one. If an industry standard form factor was established for car and truck batteries, a refueling station could become a battery changing (not charging) station.

Imagine if you will an Indy car pulling into the pits and an automated assembly pulls a spent battery and inserts a fully charged battery. A properly thought out standard could be implemented for street EVs.

I will leave this now because I have dribbled on too long.

Ben

B) Battery powered tools use a standard interface that allows quickly swapping a battery for a fresh one. If an industry standard form factor was established for car and truck batteries, a refueling station could become a changing (not charging) station.

Imagine if you will an Indy car pulling into the pits and an automated assembly pulls a spent battery and inserts a fully charged battery. A properly thought out standard could be implemented for street EVs.
That's exactly what we did when we pioneered this 'go electric' stuff in the 90's with forklifts.
The battery would take 5-6 hours to charge and the machine could not be out of action that long.
Each machine that ran around the clock had 3 batteries; one running it, one charging, and one cooling.
Presto, change-o, back in the game within minutes :thumbs:.
Everything%20You%20Need%20to%20Know%20About%20Charging%20Your%20Forklift%20Battery.jpeg

The problem is, EVs have the entire car built on top of the batterygaah. Not something you can just slide out, like our 'electric vehicles' :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back