Exercise bikes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck on the search. The only thing I know about them or treadmills is that everyone I know who has one uses it to hang laundry on.

True story, about 30 years my mom bought a treadmill, I saw it while home for a holiday visit. Knowing how clumsy my mom is I jokingly told her “Watch out, you’ll end up like George Jetson walking his dog!”

Sure enough… months passed, I called home. Dad said “I had to take your mom to the ER. Her house coat got hung on the handle bars of the treadmill and the machine dragged her until the coat ripped. Her knees and elbows were skint all to heck!” I couldn’t help to tell her… “I told you so!” :D

@Terri9630 I don't know what your weather is like, or your roads, but I do know it's a lot easier to stick with it if you ride outside. For some reason riding a stationary bike just gets real boring, real quick...

Thats true but with the kids heart issues she can't take the outside heat or exertion of the hills. I want a recumbent bike because its lower to the ground so if she passes out its a short fall, or easier for me to lay her down if she remembers to use the seat belt.

@Terri9630 I don't know what your weather is like, or your roads, but I do know it's a lot easier to stick with it if you ride outside. For some reason riding a stationary bike just gets real boring, real quick...
The people that I know who use an exercise bike or walk on a treadmill at home watch television or movies while exercising.

The people that I know who use an exercise bike or walk on a treadmill at home watch television or movies while exercising.
I know people who do so as well. I also know people who read from their tablets or Kindles. I can't concentrate on both effort and entertainment at the same time. Even music is distracting to me.

Here's how you can get one free or almost free.
Put a wanted ad on Craigslist. Start off by asking if anyone has one they are using to hang clothes, then say you will take it it of their way.
If you mention it's for a kid with a heart issue you will be offered several.
Did it for my SIL when she needed a treadmill. She used it to hang her clothes on like 99% of the people.
If you were close I would give you a Schwinn that is just in the way here. Wife used it after her knee replacement and now it just collects dust.

Here's how you can get one free or almost free.
Put a wanted ad on Craigslist. Start off by asking if anyone has one they are using to hang clothes, then say you will take it it of their way.
If you mention it's for a kid with a heart issue you will be offered several.
Did it for my SIL when she needed a treadmill. She used it to hang her clothes on like 99% of the people.
If you were close I would give you a Schwinn that is just in the way here. Wife used it after her knee replacement and now it just collects dust.

That's a good idea. If I was closer I'd come get it!!

Back