Fall Shore Fishing N.Florida

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Best time to fish here is in the Fall ,not too hot ,not too cold,just right.

We use to throw the blues away till we learned how great they are if prepared right, You have ot bleed thme soon as you catch them and then fry them in potato flakes, no fishy taste and they are very good tating fish.

Man catching some blues last Thanksgiving,fun to catch they you little fight have to be ready to snatch the hook.

We call that size Blue a “snapper”. Not like an actual Snapper, just because of the size and all they do is chompChompChompChomp or SnapSnapSnap with their mouth while you try to unhook them: Snappers. In Nawth Kaalina I knew folks who would take a smoker right onto the beach. As they caught them, into the smoker they went. Others ate them as sushi.

I like the ‘Runners’ size better, 12” to 16-18”. As the schools move down the beach a shiny spoon on light tacke makes great fun while the school is there. They move fast but come back around often. For food fishing we tie bottom rigs with 5 or 6, 3’O circle hooks and a loop for a weight out of 40# mono. Make the loop and come up 7” or 8” and loop for the first hook. Then every 4” loop another one in. 40# was the strongest you could bend (double over) and fit through the eye of the hooks. Small strips of bluefish belly on each hook, cast it out and reel it in… It will be filled up. That or bit off! LOL

I have a family member that lives on the boarder island just across and south of St Augustine. They are always fishing too. I think the only time I would leave Alaska for a visit would be during breakup season in late March/April. How is the fishing in April? They were bitching about how cold it got a day or so ago saying that they had to fire up their fireplace.

I have a family member that lives on the boarder island just across and south of St Augustine. They are always fishing too. I think the only time I would leave Alaska for a visit would be during breakup season in late March/April. How is the fishing in April? They were bitching about how cold it got a day or so ago saying that they had to fire up their fireplace.

Its usually about the same all year according to which fish you fish for.

https://fishingbooker.com/reports/destination/us/FL

Redfish. Trout Black Drum
April 5, 2017
We fished this morning north of St Augustine we loaded up with lots of live Shrimp. We arrived to this small creek of f th main waterway. Venturing to the back of the creek that wound its way through Mangroves and oyster bars we set up with floating bobber rigs and as the tide was falling we let the Flost rigs drift past the now exposed oyster bars. Shortly the float went down and Shawn caught a 24 inch Redfish in the next 2hours we caught and realeasd 6 new Redfish one toping27 in and a half a dozen Black Drum. Shawn Ashley and Hunter are from the Atlanta area. I think they were Happy!

Inshore fishing is Hot Fun now

Inshore fishing is Hot Fun now
May 16, 2016
Inshore fishing in St.Augustine has been Hot. Redfish and Trout have been really biting. On our 4 hour charters we have limited out on slot Redfish almost every morning live bait and also artificial lures have been the ticket book a charter with us now while they are still hungry

Spring break catching Redfish

Spring break catching Redfish
March 9, 2016

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back