Faraday Bags

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is too much of a difference of opinion and also the amount of protection offered by these bags and the amount of protection needed. I hope other way more qualified can and will offer their input. I am at a loss. My plan is to just stay off the grid and hope the SHTF pulse doe not hit me.

We have dozens and dozens of "Faraday bags" but they look more like the one pictured below. The smaller ones have windows, the large ones do not. We use them when we collect evidence like smart phones, tablets, laptops and and IoT device. And yes, they work well. The cell phone model (pictured) you can actually see the phone lose it's signal and connection with the cell tower through the window. We have to use these otherwise a good hacker or even a semi-skilled computer aficionado could log in and delete/destroy digital evidence. Our evidence room is also a Faraday cage, but sometimes it takes hours from evidence collection until it is safely logged into the room.

SW_FlatPhoneInside_web.jpg

They block radio signals and protect against static electricity. For most uses they are ideal. They will NOT protect against the E1 pulse of a high altitude nuke.

We have dozens and dozens of "Faraday bags" but they look more like the one pictured below. The smaller ones have windows, the large ones do not. We use them when we collect evidence like smart phones, tablets, laptops and and IoT device. And yes, they work well. The cell phone model (pictured) you can actually see the phone lose it's signal and connection with the cell tower through the window. We have to use these otherwise a good hacker or even a semi-skilled computer aficionado could log in and delete/destroy digital evidence. Our evidence room is also a Faraday cage, but sometimes it takes hours from evidence collection until it is safely logged into the room.

View attachment 5525

Sentry, that is good info to know. I had not thought about evidence collecting, nor about the evidence room being a Faraday cage.

Do they come in a large enuf size soze they can fit ovr my hed werez TMTs lizard friends kant get signls in my bran.? I likes it kause it has a frunt winder so I kan see whres ima goin.

SSonb: Do you plan to sleep in it too? Some of my guys are nocturnal you know.

Back