Favorite candy bar

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A blast from the past. How about a Clark Bar or a Zagnut? I haven't seen one of those in a couple hundred years.

There is a monster truck stop here on Highway 70 between Columbia and St Louis that sells salt water taffy and homemade fudge. We ALWAYS stop and we always leave some serious cash, but it is fun, and the kids love it.

Here's a link to the old time candy shop. They have just about any candy from your past, including Zagnut.
Old Fashioned and Retro Candy - Home of Candy you ate as a kid®
Some candy we had as kids needed to go.
As we kids grew and our teeth grew, fillings became too small to stay in place.
The 100% effective, loose tooth and loose filling removal tool:
sugardaddylargepop2b.jpg

It is one of our classic Christmas stocking things. They are not always easy to find.

The Dollar General Store not far from us sells them. I used to take one of those on every backpacking trip I took once I discovered them. They seemed to hold up fairly well in all but the hottest temps. They are hard to find, but the Dark Chocolate ones are just flat AWESOME.

The Dollar General Store not far from us sells them. I used to take one of those on every backpacking trip I took once I discovered them. They seemed to hold up fairly well in all but the hottest temps. They are hard to find, but the Dark Chocolate ones are just flat AWESOME.
When I was still teaching, I collected objects to go with the wooden geometric solids we had. The Toblerone package was of course, a triangular prism. In spite of the package being empty, there was always someone trying to see if there was some candy left inside. So funny, because that empty package was always so damaged.

Here's a link to the old time candy shop. They have just about any candy from your past, including Zagnut.
Old Fashioned and Retro Candy - Home of Candy you ate as a kid®

Thanks for posting the link. It was sort of nice to walk down memory lane. They sell several candies I remember... like the little wax bottle drinks and fireballs.

My uncles farm joined ours to the west. He had over 700 acres and I worked for him a lot. Most importantly he owned a little country store. He always had moon pies, loved those. He had about 30 candies in the big display case. I know I tried them all. Come to think about it, I wasn't that big into candy as a kid but there were a few I liked.

This time last year dad was in the hospital. I saw this car in the parking lot...

moon pie (2)b.JPG

When I was a kid, when we did our weekly shopping, kids were always allowed to choose something from the candy display. In South Dakota (and probably other surrounding states), there was a a rectangular packet of sunflower seeds, salted and in the shell. That was really a favorite of many, and that was usually my first choice. When my cousins moved away, we sent them care packages with packets of sunflower seeds because the brand name was not distributed nation wide. They were manufactured in Minneapolis. They were a nickel a packet then.

What about red-vines, or grape-vines.... I love those but they are hard to find and they go quick.
My pops is a licorice fanatic. We always had red vines or black licorice in the house growing up. Nowadays he keeps Twizzlers or some weird foreign made black licorice. I never did like licorice that much. Especially the black stuff. Yuck!

My pops is a licorice fanatic. We always had red vines or black licorice in the house growing up. Nowadays he keeps Twizzlers or some weird foreign made black licorice. I never did like licorice that much. Especially the black stuff. Yuck!
I love black licorice, too. But, calling black Twizzlers "licorice" is simply lutefisk! IMHO, good licorice must have a high concentration of pure licorice root extract. I especially like the licorice Scottie dogs, and licorice pipes. In a pinch, a handful of Snaps will do.

Back