Favorite candy bar

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit kat, 3 muskateers,Whatchamacallit, peppermint patties M&M's.... My favorite all time candy though were the after dinner mints my Grandmother kept on her coffee table. I think she bought them by the ton when I spent summers with her.

We always have a huge dish of Andes Chocolate Mints by the front door. They have been a hit to everyone passing the front door, either in or out.

Attachments

• andes-sup----sup-creme-de-menthe-thins-mint-chocolate-candy_13908193.jpeg
    andes-sup----sup-creme-de-menthe-thins-mint-chocolate-candy_13908193.jpeg
    29.9 KB · Views: 49
Went to a Mexican restaurant with a guy from London. As he was paying his bill he ate several mints then put a bunch in his pocket. The cashier just looked at him in surprise. When we got outside I asked him how many he stole. He thought they were free. He was too embarrassed to go back in and pay but I had left the girl $3 to cover them.

I thought we were talking about candy BARS! :)

side note... I never liked licorice. Even worse is a drink made from the Anise plant named Sambuca (popular in France). The anise seeds taste just like licorice and is sometimes used as a substitute for licorice. White Sambuca... horrible hangover, compounded by the fact you wake with the taste of licorice in your mouth.

As an adult I like the peanut m&m's, never liked them when I was a kid.

side note... I never liked licorice. Even worse is a drink made from the Anise plant named Sambuca (popular in France). The anise seeds taste just like licorice and is sometimes used as a substitute for licorice. White Sambuca... horrible hangover, compounded by the fact you wake with the taste of licorice in your mouth.

I think anise flavor is spelled wrong. It should be spelled like what it tastes like - anus!

You're not far off... somewhere I have a photo of the young lady who talked me into drinking sambuca one night in France. It was her fault! That stuff is awful!
Back when I was a wild young'un, Iowa State University had a week long celebration in the spring. Mostly, it consisted of drinking everything in sight. One of the craziest things I ever saw was a two story beer bong. Six beers would be poured into the funnel at the top, and the coup d'grace was a shot of Sambuca. I wasn't stupid enough to try it, but I saw what happened to the dummies who did. That yard was full of barf...

I don't suppose, then, that you like Jagermeister either.

Resourceful people have used candy as an inspiration for liquors. Check out the cordial isle for examples..

@ThePrincess was in the mood for hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps over the holidays. I had to visit 2 stores and wait in in a 20 person plus covid line to purchase one of the last bottles left on the shelf.

Should have just bought some peppermint patties instead.

Ben

Resourceful people have used candy as an inspiration for liquors. Check out the cordial isle for examples..

@ThePrincess was in the mood for hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps over the holidays. I had to visit 2 stores and wait in in a 20 person plus covid line to purchase one of the last bottles left on the shelf.

Should have just bought some peppermint patties instead.

Ben
And lets not forget frozen treats like Creamcicles. They were and orange coating on a vanilla ice cream bar.

Or

Banana brandy and orange juice.

Ben

I must be the only one liking Jager. And I like the greek version, Ouzo.
Oopa.
I like both but it has been a long time for both.

After a day of alternating Ouzo and expresso (both were served in ice cream shops in Italy) the shore patrol strongly urged me to get on the liberty boat and return to the ship.

Ben

when i was a kid about 100 yrs ago my folks would go to some antique town where they had really neat shop with penny candy. THAT was wonderful. dad gave us 50 cents to blow,my goodness, i felt so rich and us kids made such a haul. our own bag of candy we got to pick out.

some good memories

hard dots on a strip of paper, wax bottles of 'cola', licorice doggies, tiny fudge squares, remember the bubble gum cigarettes? little wax guns filled with kool-ade? candy bracelets and necklaces, a ring with a diamond shaped hard candy 'stone', pixie sticks........

when i was a kid about 100 yrs ago my folks would go to some antique town where they had really neat shop with penny candy. THAT was wonderful. dad gave us 50 cents to blow,my goodness, i felt so rich and us kids made such a haul. our own bag of candy we got to pick out.

some good memories

hard dots on a strip of paper, wax bottles of 'cola', licorice doggies, tiny fudge squares, remember the bubble gum cigarettes? little wax guns filled with kool-ade? candy bracelets and necklaces, a ring with a diamond shaped hard candy 'stone', pixie sticks........
You can still buy that candy here, but not for a Penny, it is dollar candy now.
Phone call was a dime, now it is $4000.00 a year for some plans.
Five years old phone still works for me.

Back