Favorite Movie Lines

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonus points if you can tell me what movie this line is from without using Google or its cousins?

7A0FB6A5-34A5-42BC-AACB-74871DB0BA84.jpeg

Don't know what movie that is.

Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Circa 1964. Quite an impressive cast.

A little local flavor from where I live:
Movie: Southern Comfort *Warning: The movie is offensive to thinsitive people.
"... This is our home, and nobody don't folk wid us!... and my buddies, 'day not nice like me."

Last edited:
I don't remember it if you did. Will you share it? Have you seen the movie?
No not yet.

Mr Rogers was produced in Pittsburgh. I was certified to fix laser printers and the one used by Mr Rogers group needed help and I checked it out.

The crew and staff were just like the persona Fred portrayed on the show. I figured it needed a widget that was not in stock locally. So I put on my virtual helmet and went to the women in charge to deliver the bad nees expecting to be raked over the coals. Instead of being castigated she replied;

"That's ok Ben,do you want a cookie?"

They gave a nice tour but Fed wasn't there. He had a pair of nice cushy chairs in his office for him and a small one for kids.

Mr McFealy was the writer of the shows. His office walls were lined with pidgeon holes filled with all of the scripts to maintain consistancy. I had always thought that Fred just came out and winged it for each program. He was a real character.

When the widget came in I told the administrative assistants I was headed out to replace the widget. One of which asked me to get autograpghs.

They were happy to give me autographed photos and a t-shirt for my son but when it came to Mr McFealy he personalized each one. When it came to the the autographed picture for the secretary he wrote;

"Stop in some time and find out how I got my name."

Ben

No not yet.

Mr Rogers was produced in Pittsburgh. I was certified to fix laser printers and the one used by Mr Rogers group needed help and I checked it out.

The crew and staff were just like the persona Fred portrayed on the show. I figured it needed a widget that was not in stock locally. So I put on my virtual helmet and went to the women in charge to deliver the bad nees expecting to be raked over the coals. Instead of being castigated she replied;

"That's ok Ben,do you want a cookie?"

They gave a nice tour but Fed wasn't there. He had a pair of nice cushy chairs in his office for him and a small one for kids.

Mr McFealy was the writer of the shows. His office walls were lined with pidgeon holes filled with all of the scripts to maintain consistancy. I had always thought that Fred just came out and winged it for each program. He was a real character.

When the widget came in I told the administrative assistants I was headed out to replace the widget. One of which asked me to get autograpghs.

They were happy to give me autographed photos and a t-shirt for my son but when it came to Mr McFealy he personalized each one. When it came to the the autographed picture for the secretary he wrote;

"Stop in some time and find out how I got my name."

Ben
I know the movie is written about one person whom Mr. Rogers had interactions with and their relationship. If he truly lived his life like the character in the movie, he was an incredible man. When the man, a reporter, was assigned to a story about Mr. Rogers, Mr. Rogers read everything that he could find that the man had written, to get an idea of what the man was like who was going to interview him. In the end, it was Mr. Rogers who was about the life of the journalist and getting the healing he needed. Evidently he read scriptures daily, had a long list of people he prayed for, and remembered the names of people he met. I don't often cry in movies, but I went through several tissues while watching this movie.

I know the movie is written about one person whom Mr. Rogers had interactions with and their relationship. If he truly lived his life like the character in the movie, he was an incredible man. When the man, a reporter, was assigned to a story about Mr. Rogers, Mr. Rogers read everything that he could find that the man had written, to get an idea of what the man was like who was going to interview him. In the end, it was Mr. Rogers who was about the life of the journalist and getting the healing he needed. Evidently he read scriptures daily, had a long list of people he prayed for, and remembered the names of people he met. I don't often cry in movies, but I went through several tissues while watching this movie.
Yes he was real.

Ben

Really, now, Miss, Madam. You, you, you've made a mistake. Please, you. Now, look here. I am not a boy. I mean, I'm not a squirrel. No, that's not what. No! I'm a stupid old. No! I'm an old man. Understand? Oh, hang it all. Now, go away. Shoo, shoo. Impossible. Confound it all!
Sword in the stone (1963)
8829EB96-67CB-480A-86F2-3C830739EA6F.jpeg

😂 I love this scene!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Steve Rogers : "Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" - Captain America Elevator Fight Scene - SHIELD headquarters

Back