Ferrets

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannyG

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Memory time....

IN MEMORY OF KEMO SABE

One year Dear Hubby decided he would buy me the present that he wanted for my birthday. He returned home from a trip to Abilene, and as I stood in the yard,he handed me the box, and laughing, asked me to carefully open it. As I started to open the box, a tiny foot with tiny nails on it gripped the edge. As I peeked in, there was a very young masked ferret. His little pink nose had a
few black spots on it, and he had the brightest little eyes. We took him in the house and took him out of the box to see what he would do. He was as fast as lightening when he streaked across the floor, then came back with a rabbit like hop toward me. I just fell in love with him, so sweet natured, and so funny.I had never had one before, so I subscribed to a magazine for ferrets
to learn what to feed him and how to take care of him. We bought him a cage that has the bubble tunnels in it, and he would scamper through them and drive the cats crazy.He loved to eat raisins for a snack, and would press his little nose through the cage in a begging manner when he heard me opening the box. He loved to tease the cat,making her jump on top of the bubble cage. He would
run through the tunnels or nip at her when she put her paws inside the cage. She made the mistake one day of letting her tail drop down inside the cage,and Kemo played Tarzan that day. He was swinging on her tail and biting her and she was yowling loudly but could not pull her tail out as he was hanging on for dear life. We had such a laugh over that. He always wanted a bite of our breakfast, so he would get little bites of egg, or bacon.He loved to swing on his hammock and he had a little sleeping bag he always
curled up in to sleep. I look at his empty cage and can't help but wipe away the tears. I need to move it out of the house. It seems he should still be there, and I automatically look for him to greet me in the morning. You learn to love them so, and then we have to give them up, but I know he had a good life, and he made ours happy with his antics.They say there is a rainbow bridge for animals to cross over, and I like to think that he is scampering crab-like and teasing other cats, or nibbling on toes. He brought so much joy into our lives. Sleep well, Kemo Sabe, you were
certainly loved in this world, and brought laughter into mine.

6-23-05

Sorry for you loss. Sounds like he was a lot of fun to have around.

Latest posts

Back