Finally Moving

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrackbottomLouis

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Well, I haven't been too active here in the past couple months as I was tired of not living the homesteading life this community was designed to support. Kinda felt a little off hanging around as a suburban prepper with not one chicken to my name :).

This is about to change. While not moving out to the country as much as I would like, my wife and I found a nice tucked away spot on almost 9 acres just far enough out of and hidden away from our populated area for my comfort level while staying in reasonable distance from family etc.

I am very excited. Didn't want to say anything till I closed so as not to jinx things but couldn't help myself. Now I get to put all the knowledge I've been soaking up from you folks for years into practice. Expect some questions as I embark on this journey with my wife and will update as we go along :)

Attachments

• applause.gif
    applause.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 14
Now the work begins. :)
Congratulations on the new place.

Oh yeah. I have plans from small to grand :). My grand plan that is a bit off is digging out a spring that feeds into a ravine and damming it up for some hydro electric. First plans include a small personal range, chickens, and a couple trees cleared for a greenhouse. On thing at a time though. Already have some raised beds by the pool in good sun so gonna start with those and progress to greenhouse.

Oh yeah. I have plans from small to grand :). My grand plan that is a bit off is digging out a spring that feeds into a ravine and damming it up for some hydro electric. First plans include a small personal range, chickens, and a couple trees cleared for a greenhouse. On thing at a time though. Already have some raised beds by the pool in good sun so gonna start with those and progress to greenhouse.
Just a tip, don't dig right where the spring appears, many people have sent a spring back underground doing that. Dig just a little way down hill.

I don't have chickens either but there are possums and raccoons.
You got a cement pond!? That's impressive.

Latest posts

Back