Finally Moving

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in. And now the real work begins. I expect a lot of "honey, can you put this over here" for the next year. Sat on my quiet, private front porch this morning and had my morning beverage. It was everything I thought it could be and more :). As soon as honey do list is less pressing I can start on some real projects. Like chickens, my garden, felling a couple small trees, and my range. Starting the whole pain in the butt suppressor wait this week. I checked and they are running 10 months behind!!! Argh!!!. Darn Gov and their highway robbery tax stamp supporting yet another unneeded beauracracy!!!

I built a furniture dolly when I move in here. It was a foot and a half square or so, four swivel casters, and covered in an old patch of carpet. It was too late for our move in but rearranging and new purchases put it to use, both in the house and garage.

I built a furniture dolly when I move in here. It was a foot and a half square or so, four swivel casters, and covered in an old patch of carpet. It was too late for our move in but rearranging and new purchases put it to use, both in the house and garage.

One of the best purchases I ever made was a simple $50 hand truck. That thing has paid for itself many many times over. And quite useful for many things. I even used it to cart a whole oak tree I cut up into manageable pieces over uneven ground through the woods to my house. Post shtf I can imagine may uses for one. Carting water, firewood, etc.

I built three of those before our last move, 2 matching ones and one larger. They got heavy use. I also had a new standard 2-wheeled dolly that I still often use.

I built three of those before our last move, 2 matching ones and one larger. They got heavy use. I also had a new standard 2-wheeled dolly that I still often use.
I have two now myself, along with a hand truck, a 4 wheel garden wagon with removable sides and a plastic tub to fit, and a 2 wheel wheelbarrow that I converted when the tire went flat. The right tool for the right job.

Back