First death from Alaska Pox

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaskajohn

Bugged out
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
A man from Kenai Alaska died Friday from Alaskapox.

Alaskapox was discovered in the state in 2015 and is related to other orthopox viruses like smallpox, cowpox, and monkeypox. Up until this illness, Alaskapox infections were all isolated to the Fairbanks area. While no one really has a clue about this virus, some of the stories I’ve read, including those attached say it could be something carried by rodents and pet cats might be carriers.

It won’t be long until someone claims that it was created in the biolab at Greely and is activated by HAARP. Of course I just made that up, but I claims dibs on the conspiracy theory! :cool:

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2...death-is-1st-known-fatal-infection-alaskapox/

https://alaskapublic.org/2024/02/09/kenai-man-is-the-first-person-to-die-of-alaskapox-virus/

These days i find 'accidents' or 'happenstance' very difficult to believe. But i digress...

First i've heard of alaska pox. And i find it difficult to believe the cdc couldn't come up with something definitive on the matter in 8yrs.

Obviously this story isn't being picked up to the msm, keep us posted. :)

I read both of the articles you posted, @Alaskajohn and I'm not concerned but if I lived in Alaska maybe.
Rare that someone would get the virus, normally only found in rodents but particularly red voles and squirrels. And now mentioning cats. The deceased's cat was tested and negative results. The deceased had been undergoing cancer treatments, had low immunity, and was obviously not in good shape.
Remember how scary it was when the Hantavirus became more well known? (Acquired from infected mouse droppings or infected mouse urine).
You get first dibs on conspiracy theory claim!🏆

Latest posts

Back