First deer

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This picture would drive liberals nuts. This is the great granddaughter of a friend. She got her first deer at 7.

312282406_6305026256191125_1476705536133718792_n.jpg

Congratulations to the young huntress.

Nephew's daughter with her first deer :D.
Anyone from the south will understand the blood streaks on her cheeks.
It is a traditional 'right-of-passage' to adulthood.
download.jpeg

download (1).jpeg

(Note the size and placement of the bullet-hole. Yes, we are humane.:thumbs:)
And it is comforting to see the following generations are not all stupid nerds. :)

Last edited:
Oh, the rifle = a Wal-Mart crack-barrel 30-06 with a bull-barrel that he had bought off of somebody for $100 and put a scope on.
She bagged a 6-point that weighed over 200# the next day with it, but that is off topic for this thread.

My neighbor hunts here on the farm... finally got a deer this year. A big 4 point, had 2 broken tines or it'd have been a 6.

Neighbor said it was fighting with another buck. Said they fought over 10 min before he got a clean shot at either of them!

Have to tell this story, this same neighbor... He built a little shooting house one year, brought it over. I helped him unload it up in the high field. Used my tractor, had a grain plot in the edge of the field. First day of the season he could hunt was Thanksgiving day. He got here after lunch, all excited.

Couple hours later I went out to check on a pregnant cow I knew was going to deliver that day. When I finally found her... she was 50ft in front of the shooting house... having the calf, first one, took 3 hours.

I thought Mr. Terry was going to cry. He looked like a 4yr old who'd had his juice box taken... It could only happen to this guy, well known for his bad luck!!! All the time and expense... 1st day of the season and a cow goes into labor directly in front of his shooting blind!!!! 🤣

20230124_Teribucka.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations adopted uncle, eh your almost family now. A real hero you are. In my eyes anyhows. Just look in her eyes. She doesn't have to tell you. I will.
Take one make one. A very valuable and important in life experiences you could help with.
Sure feels nice n good ! Very proud for you 2. And all the folks around you that have been exposed to so much knowledge.
Yeah congrats to ya both

Latest posts

Back