First Snow Of Winter

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viking

I know a lot of things, but master very few
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We finally got a couple of inches of snow, I dislike driving in it but we thank God for it as it replenishes our water tables for springs and wells better than rain due to melting slowly and sinking into the soil and not just running off the surface.

We are at 122 inches.

It started this afternoon n hasent stopped..its wet n heavy. I know we need it and I'm pretty warn n cozy..

Attachments

• 20240106_175051.jpg
    20240106_175051.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
We got about an inch or two as well. Supposed to be dry tomorrow, and then snow again on Monday.

Alaskajohn must be hogging the snow; 122" OMG!! I know. Where you live Summer is two weeks of bad skiing. Just teasing.

We got about an inch or two as well. Supposed to be dry tomorrow, and then snow again on Monday.

Alaskajohn must be hogging the snow; 122" OMG!! I know. Where you live Summer is two weeks of bad skiing. Just teasing.
Why did you say that?
I'm looking out the window and seeing it snow.
Worse yet the neighborhood kids could possibly be out of school for 2 weeks.
Due to weather conditions, they got out early yesterday.
And that is potentially trouble in the making.
But it's all good as long as FEDX can get here with my coffee and cheese balls order on Wednesday.

Why did you say that?
But it's all good as long as FEDX can get here with my coffee and cheese balls order on Wednesday.

Seems like you always get it worse than we do. I have heard that the confluence of the rivers tends to drive weather systems North of us. You get hammered, and we get nothing. It is strange. We aren't that for apart, but we just live with it.

Why did you say that?

I'm wondering if the schools will close because of the cold, not necessarily because of the snow. We are supposed to get single digits later this week and all of next week. I would imagine you would have the same.

I'm wondering if the schools will close because of the cold, not necessarily because of the snow. We are supposed to get single digits later this week and all of next week. I would imagine you would have the same.
That's it, just icing on the cake the snow.
And the fact most people can't drive in the snow and ice on a normal time frame.
People are slip sliding all over the place near me right now.
Already had several near misses accidents with inexperienced drivers.
Power lines are snapping with the weight of the snow.
I'm not going anywhere.
You be careful out there.

Latest posts

Back