Fishing In Rivers, Lakes and Bays

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coast guard probably has repeaters up and down the river.

Coast guard probably has repeaters up and down the river.

@Cnsper is this the repeater thing your talking about? This is where we want to go is St Augustine waters.

https://www.repeaterbook.com/repeaters/open.php

St Augustine amateur radio repeaters
4 repeaters found at or near St Augustine

onair.png
= On-Air
offair.png
= Off-Air
yellow_dot.png
= Testing
unkair.png
= Unknown
Click on the frequency for additional details.
Click on a header to sort.

Frequency Offset Tone In / Out Location County Call Use
antennaWeb.gif

145.1700 -0.6 MHz 107.2 / 107.2 St Augustine Saint Johns AB4EY OPEN
unkair.png

145.2100 -0.6 MHz 127.3 St Augustine, EOC Saint Johns KX4EOC OPEN
onair.png

146.6250 -0.6 MHz CSQ / CSQ St Augustine Saint Johns KF4MX OPEN
onair.png

442.8000 +5 MHz 127.3 / 127.3 St Augustine, Summer Haven Saint Johns KC5LPA OPEN
onair.png

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cobra-MR-F45-D-VHF-Basic-White/15860530

53d35696-ab66-472c-b7ab-9d27b6137906_1.c32e3028789fe64cb7fe13b2448df3d3.png

Antenna,
359c22cf-a457-4e72-8bf6-47078dbfed0a_1.aab868629d112444c6df316531b23de5.jpeg

This is the one I got. Tried to avoid all the bells and whistles , that much less to go wrong with it, I hope.
Hope it is a good one. Guess we will find out.

All comments welcome. Also wonder if our US Power Squadron certificate is ok to work it or we have to take radio course?

Just got both of these in mail a few minutes ago. Looks like it is going to be a busy day and of course hubby just took off with the electronics and leaving the other stuff for me. Dream on.
He is the only one here who is good at it though. But we do have to get back to the fence, trees and pile today. Or maybe take a break since my right wrist isn't working [really painful] and only have one hand to work with after yesterdays jobs. I took some aspirin.

Just got both of these in mail a few minutes ago. Looks like it is going to be a busy day and of course hubby just took off with the electronics and leaving the other stuff for me. Dream on.
He is the only one here who is good at it though. But we do have to get back to the fence, trees and pile today. Or maybe take a break since my right wrist isn't working [really painful] and only have one hand to work with after yesterdays jobs. I took some aspirin.
Carpal tunnel?

I have never fished in a river. I am not a water person. I don't like being in boats. I like to fish from shore and have my feet on the ground. Lots of interesting information in this thread though.

I have fishing gear and have done little fishing in the past few decades. I did lots of fishing as a child. I have tried to fish since I have lived in Colorado. I have yet to catch one fish. I think that going fishing with some people who are more successful and who would be willing to school others would be good. I don't think there are many of those out there though.

Sturgeon: there are sturgeon in the Missouri River. The man who played Radar on the televison series, Mash, Gary Burghoff likes to fish. He flew into North Dakota to fish specifically for sturgeon, many years ago.

I have never fished in a river. I am not a water person. I don't like being in boats. I like to fish from shore and have my feet on the ground. Lots of interesting information in this thread though.

I have fishing gear and have done little fishing in the past few decades. I did lots of fishing as a child. I have tried to fish since I have lived in Colorado. I have yet to catch one fish. I think that going fishing with some people who are more successful and who would be willing to school others would be good. I don't think there are many of those out there though.

Sturgeon: there are sturgeon in the Missouri River. The man who played Radar on the televison series, Mash, Gary Burghoff likes to fish. He flew into North Dakota to fish specifically for sturgeon, many years ago.

Weedy then its past time to get a hook back in the water. Find out where they are fishing and just go there and watch and learn.:thumbs:

Thats something else that sturgeon can live in cold and not so cold waters.

Getting time for a trip down the river, its cooling off
A jazzy little tune to get moving while comtemplating it,

I went bass fishing yesterday. Very slow because the weather has turned cooler and the fish weren't biting.
Caught a few including 1 really nice smallmouth.
But a day fishing is always good. I have heard that God does not count fishing days against your time on earth so that's good. :)

BackL at least you caught something. Its fun going down the river anyway catching a fish is just a bonus now. We see all kinds of wildlife, gators, turtles, birds etc,.

Well we can now fish and be on like an African Safari too, we now have monkeys, pythons,giant lizards to go with our crocodiles and gators.:fun fun:. Which most crocs are furhter south they are still and have always been here since I can remember.

Anyway it time to get carb for boat if Mr.truck ever gets fixed.

1590048665850.png

That sucker would make a beautiful table top
and chairs.
but you see that crane? lemmie told you about them selfish birds
they call them egrits i call them ingrate
I seen one of them in my pond. YES I have a pond. The lilies will differ as to who actually owns the damn thing but the county registrar office says I own it not the damn lillies
anyway...I see a ingrate sitting in the pond, And I watched him. he would peck under the water .
I did a little target shoot'n and he was still there..hummmm says I. something is not right with this dude. so. I pulled off my pants and wadded out to the bird. he is not happy about me being there but did not fly away.
I put my hand under him and lifted him and a snapping turtle, who had him by the foot. up out of the water. turtle let go. and i set the bird down. he pecked the crap out of me. then he went to the bank and walked off, no hi/bye or kiss my a$$ ...just walked off

BackL at least you caught something. Its fun going down the river anyway catching a fish is just a bonus now. We see all kinds of wildlife, gators, turtles, birds etc,.

ya'll ever been deep sea fishing? I LOVE IT. sea bass or redfish are some fine eating
tip. take a 12 pack of beer and a empty cooler with you. if you see a shrimp boat. make a barter for fresh shrimp

ya'll ever been deep sea fishing? I LOVE IT. sea bass or redfish are some fine eating
tip. take a 12 pack of beer and a empty cooler with you. if you see a shrimp boat. make a barter for fresh shrimp

Hubby went out about 30 yr ago with oldest grandkid off N.C Coast . I've never been out past the reefs in the Keys. It was a charter so no beer,lol.

I have only been deep sea fishing once; Spring Break my Senior year in college. Best trip I have ever taken in my life. We were on a boat in the Sea of Cortez for a week. Biggest fish I ever caught in my life (to this day) we used for bait. We caught one giant grouper which was as big as me. Whacked him up on the deck at had him for dinner. Fantastic!! I would love to go again.

Man, Come get me.
I am NOT a fishermen. I can run catfish trout lines but as far as fishing a pond..LOL I just stand there and feed the fish.
Wanna hear a story?
When I bought my land, It has a pond on it. The old man that used to own it. kept it stocked with cat fish and bream. But it sat unmolested for 1o years. So. Here I come. I spent days clearing a path around the pond. then i tossed in a line. BOOM I caught a 6'' bass in like 2 minutes. Tossed a line in again and BAM another bass. I was not expecting to fish, So I had no gear with me. I tossed the bass back
I went and got my tackle box and tossed a line in.
Those 2 bass had went and told the other bass all about me. and i never got a bite, nibble
I did see the bass come to the surface and laugh at me
rh bottom corner you can see my lilly farm lol

my_hood.png

Man, Come get me.
I am NOT a fishermen. I can run catfish trout lines but as far as fishing a pond..LOL I just stand there and feed the fish.
Wanna hear a story?
When I bought my land, It has a pond on it. The old man that used to own it. kept it stocked with cat fish and bream. But it sat unmolested for 1o years. So. Here I come. I spent days clearing a path around the pond. then i tossed in a line. BOOM I caught a 6'' bass in like 2 minutes. Tossed a line in again and BAM another bass. I was not expecting to fish, So I had no gear with me. I tossed the bass back
I went and got my tackle box and tossed a line in.
Those 2 bass had went and told the other bass all about me. and i never got a bite, nibble
I did see the bass come to the surface and laugh at me
rh bottom corner you can see my lilly farm lol

View attachment 49750

Frodo I guess the word was out. Maybe better luck next time.

That may be true in some places but our idiot governor has mandated masks even out fishing. We ignore that stupidity of course.
Our governor is running for the Senate so he is not that stupid.

Back