Fixed my RV water heater problem.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Toth Jr.

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
After no hot water on the 4 day outing to the river this weekend. I had a BRILLENT THOUGHT. Although a little late. I pulled the drain plug on the water heater .....and .....what do you know .....NO WATER in it. I realized Sunday after returning that when I had it winterized in Nov. the by-pass line to the water heater was opened to keep anti-freeze out of the tank. In my haste to go Thursday monring I didnt check it. Stupid is as stupid does. I pulled the electric heating element and it was ....to my surprise OK. I did have another one to put in. Over the weekend I would turn on the gas burner and it fired and ran for about 4 minutes and then shut down. What its supposed to do when it gets to a certain temp in the chamber. With no water it didnt take long. After a while it would cool back down and refire for another few minutes. I have had a few springs when breaking out the RV for the new year to know what to do ...... :Angie: Back Okie-Dokie now and ready for the next trip. I will check the water heater before leving tho.:assspank:

Latest posts

Back