Flatbread?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made some last night with dinner. Used a recipe on Allrecipes, there's a bunch. Baked in a glass baking pan, although if you make it on a cookie sheet, it turns out a bit crispier. I cut it in squares for dinner bread, last night. But have rolled the dough into small balls, rolled it really flat, and have made a pita bread out of it to fill with meat. You can do it like that, cut it in "wheel spokes" to dip hummus. Yesterday, I seasoned the top with olive oil, garlic salt, and Italian seasoning before cooking.

What kind of flatbread do you have Mo? There are many varieties from cultures around the world and they are all fairly easy to use. If I had pita bread, I would heat it in the oven and then cut it into eighths. I would eat it with hummus!
It looks like it was baked on cookie sheet(rectangle shape), and I have approx 25 in several packages.

Never had flat bread that I know of.
Tortillas are one type of flat bread. I'd bet most of us have had tortillas. For many people, tortillas have taken over where people used to eat sandwich type bread.

There are several varieties of (Eastern) Indian breads, more than 40. Naan and chapati are the most common types. Whenever I have gone to Indian buffets, naan or chapati are what are served to the table.

Latest posts

Back