• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

FLIR Rifle Scope (Thermal Optic) pricing question.....???

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sourdough

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
What has happened to the price for FLIR Rifle Scopes, after they disclosed that they will no longer sell to the public. Now they only sell these to Military and Law Enforcement.

So has the price of the few available rocketed up.......or still about the same........????

Thank you for any help.

Sourdough

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I couldn't find any notice on Flir's web site stating no sales to public.
They released a statement to the public on the 21'st Jan. through the SHOT Show. I'll see if I can find it.

Sourdough

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I found it............https://www.ammoland.com/2020/01/flir-discontinues-riflesights-various-outdoor-and-tactical-systems/#axzz6ByqdsluT

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/01/flir-discontinues-riflesights-various-outdoor-and-tactical-systems/#ixzz6C6Q7wb4E
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

From flir.com:

FLIR is discontinuing certain Outdoor product lines as it further heightens its focus on the professional user. Select handheld product lines will continue to be offered commercially, but remaining products will be further focused toward law enforcement, public safety, and other professional users. FLIR will offer discontinued products through existing channels until inventory is fully depleted, and FLIR will continue to honor qualified warranties for all registered products. For warranty information, visit www.flir.com/support.

Curmudgeon

Malinois' are awesome.
Neighbor
So has the price of the few available rocketed up.......or still about the same........????
The ones I have seen are 10 to 12 thousand. I would love to have one on my AR, but..........

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We have a few department owned rifles equipped with FLIR and several hand helds with and without video recording. They were not inexpensive and well outside of the average person's budget. Fortunately there are other options available to the public. Optics Planet is a good place to start looking.

By the way FLIR is getting into the gov't spy market with drones and other devices.

Group Builder