Quantcast

Folding & Fixed Blade Knives Photo Thread...

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Lucian253

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
image.jpg So, I did buy the ZT 03550TS. Actually the day after I posted I almost bought it on this thread. My father liked mine so much, that I also bought him one. I’ve had it a good while now, & it has proven to be a fantastic edc pocket knife!!

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
My very first knife...given to me by my Father on my 13th Birthday...still in use over 50 years later !!

Buck 110 Folding Hunter

SPECS:

Product Life Span: 1963 ~ Present
Blade Shape: Clip Point
Material: 420HC Steel
Rockwell Hardness: Rc 58
Blade Thickness: .120"
Blade Length: 3 3/4"
Length: 4 7/8" (closed)
Weight: 7.2 oz
Handle: Dymondwood
Carry System: Sheath
Origin: Made in the USA
I have the grandson. Purchased about 40 years later, but almost identical. They are fantastic knives. Sharp as a scalpel right out of the box. It is an EDC for me.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Nice to see somebody stand by their warranty. I had a Kershaw 1605 folder that has been an on and off EDC blade for me. Something happened to the locking mechanism, and the blade would not stay open. I contacted the company via email and returned the knife for repair. I had to include a payment of $7.50 for return shipping. Within a few weeks I received a brand new knife in the mail. Not my old one, but a brand new one. I was O.K. with that. More importantly, they stood by their warranty with no argument. That is a company I would support, and do business with again.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have several Kershaw folders I've collected over the years. Overall pretty good knives for the cost. Some don't fit my hand that well, but others are almost perfect. 2 or 3 times I've had issues with one and every time, one or two emails has gotten parts headed my way to do the repair. Has never cost me a dime. Now days some blades are either impossible to get sharp, or won't hold and edge worth a darn. Kershaws seem to be a nice blend of getting sharp and retaining the edge.
I'd like to get a Benchmade, they feel good in the hand and have a great reputation. But I'm too cheap to spend that much money for a folder.

Cascadian

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am not sure how I missed this all this time. I second the LMF it is in my bag also.
I got these for my son's bags.

Length
9.75 in
Weight
7.2 oz

Attachments

Cascadian

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
View attachment 23215 So, I did buy the ZT 03550TS. Actually the day after I posted I almost bought it on this thread. My father liked mine so much, that I also bought him one. I’ve had it a good while now, & it has proven to be a fantastic edc pocket knife!!
I got this one as a gift. I have skinned a couple hogs with it and it worked great.

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In Washington you can carry a gun but a fixed blade knife is considered a "DANGEROUS WEAPON" and is illegal to carry - open or concealed.
So I carry a small folder (nothing over 6 inches extended) in my pocket all the time. The one I carry is usually my Browning. It's 5-7/8" open and 3-13/16" closed.

mulescj8

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
In Washington you can carry a gun but a fixed blade knife is considered a "DANGEROUS WEAPON" and is illegal to carry - open or concealed.
So I carry a small folder (nothing over 6 inches extended) in my pocket all the time. The one I carry is usually my Browning. It's 5-7/8" open and 3-13/16" closed.
Sheepdog some states have crazy knife laws that make absolutely no sense. In Tennessee you can pretty much carry any kind of knife, in Oklahoma where I use to live they rarely ever charge anyone but I think it Is illegal to carry anything with a blade over 2 and 3/4 inches long unless your hunting and fishing.

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Well, according to the law in Washington it is illegal to carry a dinner or butter knife because they are fixed blade knives. There was an American Indian (Totem pole carver) shot dead in Seattle for not responding to an officer's command to drop his weapon. He was carrying a carving knife the size of an Exacto knife. He was an old man who did not hear well. He made no move toward the cop and was shot for possessing a "dangerous" weapon. The cop was brought up on charges and dismissed from the force but it shows how stupid laws are enforced.

mulescj8

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
BFE762B8-1A7A-4BB8-8C49-CCBA41D02D2F.jpeg Raining here today so I cleaned all my ruger handguns, then gave all my blades a a wipe down with rem oil, some of these are customs, some cheap stuff, some good stuff, some really great stuff and some are gifts from my kids and family members and unfortunately this isn’t all of them, lol this only about half of what I have.

I’m waiting on two Benchmade fixed blades to arrive this week that I bought. Excited to get them.

Last edited:

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Very nice. I love the Ontario Air Force Survival Knife. Am I missing something? I don't see a Buck 110.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hubby made a fixed blade knife out of auto leef springs. Made a machetee too I used to cut 1000s of vines and small trees with. His friend at work tempered it in 180 oil etc.

mulescj8

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Tazo some nice blades, that engraved bone/silver engraved one is making me drool, any history on it?

The Mora’s are hard to beat for the price and they are SHARP!

Last edited:

mulescj8

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Very nice. I love the Ontario Air Force Survival Knife. Am I missing something? I don't see a Buck 110.
I’ve got a buck 110 in one of my other boxes, that Air Force knife I bought several years ago from a guy, got a good deal on it, it’s never been used. That Mako in that pile is an old one, my oldest daughter gave that to me for a BD present years ago, even has the leather holster still in the box. One of my favorite folders that is in that pile that wasn’t a gift is the Buck Creek, bone handles and it’s a beautiful knife.

mulescj8

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hubby made a fixed blade knife out of auto leef springs. Made a machetee too I used to cut 1000s of vines and small trees with. His friend at work tempered it in 180 oil etc.
Any pictures, I love handmade stuff, I’ve got an old crude knife that is older than me that I wouldn’t part with.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Any pictures, I love handmade stuff, I’ve got an old crude knife that is older than me that I wouldn’t part with.
Mules we'll take one in a day or so. BTW we love mules or donkeys aka 'long ears'.I like Peanuts avatar and your name.

mulescj8

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Mules we'll take one in a day or so. BTW we love mules or donkeys aka 'long ears'.I like Peanuts avatar and your name.
Mule comes from my dad he use to say I was hardheaded like a mule, stout as one and could work all day like one.
The cj8 comes from the model of Jeep I have. Jeep designated the Scrambler the CJ8 hence the mulescj8.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Mule comes from my dad he use to say I was hardheaded like a mule, stout as one and could work all day like one.
The cj8 comes from the model of Jeep I have. Jeep designated the Scrambler the CJ8 hence the mulescj8.
Ok thats nice to know. I know a donk will think about things for a minute then do what you ask of them. They like to trust but verify,haha used that twice today. Giving away our donk and horse was one of the hardest things we did. And the guy loading our donk Rosie said oh no. We told him she will do as we sask her after she thinks about it she took a minute turned around jumps right in. Some people beat them but its not what really works,it confuses them.

Latest posts