Food allergies, dislikes, and concerns

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was around 50 when I had my realization about narcissism and addiction, my family issues. My narcissistic sister has always focused on the alcoholism, but I believe that alcoholism is a symptom of narcissism. People can stop drinking, drugging or whatever addiction they have, but the narcissism is virtually incurable.
100% agree. My dad is 86. No going back at all- he stopped the drinking and drugs soon after I was born, the biker lifestyle was done but he puts religion above everyone (including his wife and kids)- and I’m not talking about God/Jesus. I’m talking the actual religion like a cult type mentality. Realized how awful he was when I went against what he wanted, refused to be controlled anymore and he turned on me.

Realized how awful he was when I went against what he wanted, refused to be controlled anymore and he turned on me.
Typical! When you stand up to the narcissist, your relationship with them is forever changed, and in most instances, it is over. I've been the scapegoat most of my life while two siblings are narcs. When I finally spoke up to both of them, it was the end of the relationship with them. If I had rolled over and let them keep telling the lies about me, we could still get along, maybe. I'm done with that.

Way back in 1978 my wife and I had to take a birthing class so I could be in the delivery room with her.
A woman in the class asked the instructor about cravings. She said if you are crazing something your body is telling you it needs something so you should just eat whatever you crave.
She then asked the woman what she was craving. Her reply was Comet. Everyone was shocked when she said she had eaten a spoon full once. The instructor said do not eat that and go see her doctor ASAP.
Craving weird things like Comet In pregnant women is often a sign of anemia.

Last edited:
I have a lactose sensitivity, milk/cream is NO, most ice cream is NO, but I'm ok with hard cheese, yogurt and certain ice creams. (I'm not sure why.) Soft cheese & sour cream are ok usually if I don't overdo it. Too much lactose causes almost instant stomach problems, I have to be careful when ordering food at restaurants that could have hidden milk/cream. (Learned that the hard way.)

I HATE artificial sweeteners. They taste disgusting to me, I'd rather go hungry or thirsty than have it. It blew my mind for years that people would drink diet soda and claim to like it. Then I found out some people genetically taste the artificial sweetener as bitter, like to some cilantro tastes like soap.

I don't eat meat, I just don't like it. The only time I've eaten meat in the past 28 years was when I was pregnant and I wanted cheeseburgers. I stopped again as soon as I had my son. I eat fish, shrimp, crab & lobster (but no clams, oysters, etc. Ewwww.) and eggs. Salmon is my favorite, I could happily eat it every day. I don't mind if my food is cooked near meat or even in bacon grease, I just don't like eating meat. It blows everyone's minds but I just don't like it.
🤷‍♀️

I have a lactose sensitivity, milk/cream is NO, most ice cream is NO, but I'm ok with hard cheese, yogurt and certain ice creams. (I'm not sure why.) Soft cheese & sour cream are ok usually if I don't overdo it. Too much lactose causes almost instant stomach problems, I have to be careful when ordering food at restaurants that could have hidden milk/cream. (Learned that the hard way.)

I HATE artificial sweeteners. They taste disgusting to me, I'd rather go hungry or thirsty than have it. It blew my mind for years that people would drink diet soda and claim to like it. Then I found out some people genetically taste the artificial sweetener as bitter, like to some cilantro tastes like soap.

I don't eat meat, I just don't like it. The only time I've eaten meat in the past 28 years was when I was pregnant and I wanted cheeseburgers. I stopped again as soon as I had my son. I eat fish, shrimp, crab & lobster (but no clams, oysters, etc. Ewwww.) and eggs. Salmon is my favorite, I could happily eat it every day. I don't mind if my food is cooked near meat or even in bacon grease, I just don't like eating meat. It blows everyone's minds but I just don't like it.
🤷‍♀️
Fermented and cultured foods like yogurt, sour cream and cheese have very little lactose in them. It’s utilized during the culturing/fermenting process.

Latest posts

Back