Found a new toy for the tractor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much land do you have into growing potatoes?

They grow a lot of potatoes in the San Luis Valley in Colorado. I would imagine they would use something like this to harvest acres and acres of potatoes.

None at the moment. Once we move it won't be acres but 3 grand isn't to much to pay to save my knees and back over the years.

None at the moment. Once we move it won't be acres but 3 grand isn't to much to pay to save my knees and back over the years.
I wondered how much it cost. If a person planted 1/4 of a city block, like my grandparent had (they owned 1/2 of a city block), it would be a good thing to have, but if a person had more land, even better. My grandparents used 1/4 of the city block for their home and garden. The other 1/4 was an overgrown field of weeds. It could have been a field of potatoes, corn or a combination of them.

Here is an attachment I'm wanting to get. I plant a bunch of onions each year and I'd love to be able to make good beds to plant them, and any other crops that need to be in beds. It can also be used when weeding or hilling the beds as the season goes on.

Back