"Found".....The World best HIP FLASK (Get'em while you can)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
So I have a lot of hip flasks, mostly use them for fire starter fuel, or designated: "Lighter Fluid" containers. I'll confess to having sometimes carried one with booze when snow machining in the outback.

Not sure why I recently developed a burning desire for a "High Quality Hip Flask", but it happens, and I learned to pay attention to stuff I don't understand. So I spent weeks searching, only to discover that what appears to be a quality transporter of important fluids, has recently been discontinued from production. My guess is.....really "who" shops for a quality hip flask, especially when the basic flasks cost $2.99

So in conclusion if you wanted to present a nice gift to your favorite "Drunkard" or Lighter Fluid hoarder, this is it. It arrived today and it is pure quality. I can nearly guarantee that if you gave this hip flask to someone......they would be impressed....... Master Unbreakable Hip Flask | 8 oz | Stanley (stanley1913.com)

I paid: $26.97 you can find them at several places on line in the mid or upper thirties dollars.

Last edited:
So I have a lot of hip flasks, mostly use them for fire starter fuel, or designated: "Lighter Fluid" containers. I'll confess to having sometimes carried one with booze when snow machining in the outback.

Not sure why I recently developed a burning desire for a "High Quality Hip Flask", but it happens, and I learned to pay attention to stuff I don't understand. So I spent weeks searching, only to discover that what appears to be a quality transporter of important fluids, has recently been discontinued from production. My guess is.....really "who" shops for a quality hip flask, especially when the basic flasks cost $2.99

So in conclusion if you wanted to present a nice gift to your favorite "Drunkard" or Lighter Fluid hoarder, this is it. It arrived today and it is pure quality. I can nearly guarantee that if you gave this hip flask to someone......they would be impressed....... Master Unbreakable Hip Flask | 8 oz | Stanley (stanley1913.com)

I paid: $26.97 you can find them at several places on line in the mid or upper thirties dollars.

I have an old school one that works pretty well, but I would rather not use my antiques. Ordered…

I have an old school one that works pretty well, but I would rather not use my antiques. Ordered…

Now that I have super cleaned it.........I wish I had some "Quality" booze. It would "rude to put the cheap stuff i drink in this flask.

Now that I have super cleaned it.........I wish I had some "Quality" booze. It would "rude to put the cheap stuff i drink in this flask.

I’ll have to remember that! 😉

I just ordered a second one for $34.99 (did I mention tat I am impressed with the "Quality")

Actually if I was in a boutique store like "Filson" and seen this for $79.99 and looked it over, I don't know if I would pay that for it, but I would sure see the quality, and why they had it marked at that price.

I just ordered a second one for $34.99 (did I mention tat I am impressed with the "Quality")

Actually if I was in a boutique store like "Filson" and seen this for $79.99 and looked it over, I don't know if I would pay that for it, but I would sure see the quality, and why they had it marked at that price.

LOVE my Filsons, but not the Filson price. I do know a store where they have a discount rack, and I have a good assortment of mismatched, discontinued or slightly imperfect Filson clothing at a great discount.

Word is getting out. The link you shared is now $40. But, I’m sure there’s a code or sale option, too. Thanks for the tip. I see a Christmas present or two here.
$34.99 on Amazon.com delivered to the bottom of my mountain. (comes empty. unfortunately)

OK.......Don't to sidetrack this thread, but what are some "Quality" Brandy's.......??? Including some flavor suggestions. There are some good Schnapps booze. (not sure I spelled the right).

thanks, that looks like a real good one. i love flasks and over the years have been trying to get one for each person in my family.

i never thought aobut using one for camp fuel, what a great idea. now i know what to get the campers in the family for christmas----

OK.......Don't to sidetrack this thread, but what are some "Quality" Brandy's.......??? Including some flavor suggestions. There are some good Schnapps booze. (not sure I spelled the right).

When I was a pup, we would drink peppermint schnapps, but that is not what I would call a quality booze. I recall it warmed us up nicely on those bitterly cold Nebraska winters when I was teenager, so it would probably work in Alaska. I also recall that they tasted grand when chilled, but I was only a pup.

If you are looking for a "brandy" I would recommend Courvoisier Cognac, but it has been about a decade since I have sipped that fine spirit!

This one arrive yesterday.........and for $3.99 it is a nice small container for liquids. I am going to put diesel fuel in it, cinch the lid ,down tight, and wash the outside in warm'ish soapy water. Let it set in the sun and whatever weather prevails for a week, recheck the lid is tight, and park it upside down someplace on top of some newspapers, to ensure it does not leak. Then into a ziplock and the Bug'out baggie. Amazon.com | Iconikal Wrapped Stainless Steel Hip Flask with Attached Lid, Black Leather, 6-Ounces: Flasks

I just ordered two more.......One will be for lighter fluid or "Everclear". (Clearly identified).

Last edited:
I saw this thread and thought - I have a flask somewhere? Tonight while looking for something in the kitchen I found this...

A 6oz stainless steel flask! I knew I had one somewhere! It reads "Picker". The tv show... American Pickers - has a store in Nashville "Antique Archaeology". I stopped in there a few years ago. Most things were way over priced but I saw this little flask. It's actually well made. So friends and I each got one.

Flask 01 a.JPG

BUMP.........Follow-up question. Those of you who bought the Stanley Flask, do you agree it is super high quality.......??? I have three and that is enough, but I also bought three more of those cheap $2.99 flasks, and they are a hell'ofa deal for that price.

Never underestimate the value of "Survival Booze".

I never got to use mine. One of my son's took it. He takes it on his "overlanding" trips with his tricked out jeep and his buddies in their tricked out rides. He said it works great!

That reminds me, I need to get another one as they are perfect to take on the long snow machine ride up to the top of Nelchina Glacier. Nothing like sharing world class bourbon from a world class vantage point with true Alaskan homesteaders (verses posers like me :))

They are $40. Should I go for it, or get the $2.99 one?

they sell pretty decent flasks at the local liquor store for under ten bucks, I've only ever had one fail me.

The Stanley flask has a lifetime guarantee. No questions asked.

A simple Brandy/Cognac tutorial. The letter designations, most commonly VS - Very Special; VSOP - Very Special Old Pale; , and XO - Extra Old; determine the length of time the brandy has been aged. VS = 2 years; VSOP = 4 years; XO =10 years.

My personal favorites are Courvoisier and Remy Martin, but if you want something really special get some Calvados. Cognac is distilled white wine. Calvados is distilled apple cider. Both brandies, but very different. Gosh. I am getting thirsty.

I put triple malt scotch in mine. :)
Yeah, expensive, but as little as I drink, a pint is a years supply.

A simple Brandy/Cognac tutorial. The letter designations, most commonly VS - Very Special; VSOP - Very Special Old Pale; , and XO - Extra Old; determine the length of time the brandy has been aged. VS = 2 years; VSOP = 4 years; XO =10 years.

My personal favorites are Courvoisier and Remy Martin, but if you want something really special get some Calvados. Cognac is distilled white wine. Calvados is distilled apple cider. Both brandies, but very different. Gosh. I am getting thirsty.

My typical E&J Brandy is the VSOP. Tonight I got a bottle of the XO I haven't tried yet. That should be smooth during vacation. :ghostly:

I have this Stanley hip flask but mine is green just like the thermoses. I have two of those. One bigger one and a wide mouth one for soups. I bought them from sports stores They are classics.

Attachments

• 24984084-8804-470B-B99F-2EC4A4DCB86A.png
    24984084-8804-470B-B99F-2EC4A4DCB86A.png
    820.4 KB · Views: 29
My typical E&J Brandy is the VSOP. Tonight I got a bottle of the XO I haven't tried yet. That should be smooth during vacation. :ghostly:

Nice!! I would expect that to be very smooth. Let us know how it was. :great:

Just read this. My first thought of a flask was a soft bag that hung around your neck. Back in high school we would buy snowshoe grog. Like 60% brandy 40% schnapps. Warm the soul right up. Now I gotta make some. Probably use the cheap stuff as that's what I'm used to. Never thought about putting fuel in them.
Now I'm using a plastic quart bottle of diesel that jams up behind the foot pad of my snogo. On the wheelers I built a section to hold a quart. But these little guys could go in more convenient places. And for 3 bucks, cheap n sturdy. Throw it in the window bag. Or them in the bag. Looks like a coleman fuel funnel would work great for filling them.
I've got some some snogo n wheeler parts to order so my have to add a couple.
Thanks for the tip man

Just read this. My first thought of a flask was a soft bag that hung around your neck. Back in high school we would buy snowshoe grog. Like 60% brandy 40% schnapps. Warm the soul right up. Now I gotta make some. Probably use the cheap stuff as that's what I'm used to. Never thought about putting fuel in them.
Now I'm using a plastic quart bottle of diesel that jams up behind the foot pad of my snogo. On the wheelers I built a section to hold a quart. But these little guys could go in more convenient places. And for 3 bucks, cheap n sturdy. Throw it in the window bag. Or them in the bag. Looks like a coleman fuel funnel would work great for filling them.
I've got some some snogo n wheeler parts to order so my have to add a couple.
Thanks for the tip man

I recall those bags such as this one below. Based on when I recall using one it would have had tequila in it!

1634861270119.jpeg

Latest posts

Back