• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Free courses for now

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Flight

Just a Canadian trucker...awesome one
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hi guys, I found this today, 85 free courses from universities, there is a paid version and a free version for each, some of you might be intested in them. Right now im taking "
Introduction to Disaster Cycle and Mitigation Part 1" so im hoping that ill learn something from it, so far its a video that im listening to.

For a Limited Time, Coursera Offers Free Certificates for 85 Courses. Here is the Full List.
Dhawal Shah Profile Image

Dhawal ShahMar 25th, 2020
Coursera Free Certificates — Limited Time
Update March 31st, 2020: I asked Coursera why some people weren’t seeing the discount. After clicking on Go To Class on Class Central, when you arrive to the course page on Coursera, wait for the promotional banner to appear at the top, and only then click on Enroll for Free. If you don’t see the banner, please refresh. The gif below shows the steps to follow.

Earlier today, the world’s largest MOOC provider Coursera announced that they are offering 100 free online courses in response to Covid-19.
As we noted earlier this week, the coronavirus pandemic has increased interest in online education. Class Central itself has seen a huge surge in traffic.
MOOC providers have been responding to the situation in different ways, including launching courses to keep people informed about Covid-19.
Out of those 100 courses, I discovered using Class Central data that 85 previously had paid certificates, but these are now free. The 15 other courses were already free but didn’t offer a certificate.
In fact, we had previously discovered 1400+ courses that are completely free on Coursera. Many have certificates that you need to pay for, but access to all the course material, including graded assignments, is free

Flight

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
If the information is valuable, that's great. I wonder about the cost for the certificates.
The one I'm looking at now, I took the free version (no certificate) and it's free (because of covid-19) or if you want the certificate it is $65 (Canadian, it automatically calculates your currency), so it just depends on which version you want.

Flight

Neighbor
HCL Supporter
@Flight recently 2 different friends have mentioned coursera, reminded me of when you mentioned it here.
How did it go for you, taking the course?

If your just starting out in learning to be prepared, its a good course, Did I learn anything from it? Not really, only because I have been doing research into this for a few years, but as far as the course goes, I think it was fairly planned out.

Latest posts