Free N95 masks

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be as worthless as a screen door on a submarine, but if it is free, and I am just stuffing it in a BOB I will take it. Keep it for barter, or maybe for someone in need.

When is anything from the government "free"? Somebody has to pay for it.

Very true, but we have already paid the taxes, and this way we will at least be getting something in return.

My guess is they won't last but a hot minute, 400 milion masks for a 330 million population, unless they plan on continuing it.

I’m not sure what he is hoping to accomplish with this. Such a waste of taxpayer money.
This is again a case of someone sitting behind a desk, who has no idea what they are doing, coming up with these pie in the sky ideas based on some theory they heard or read somewhere.

edited to add: we’ve known it’s airborne since day one. Government covered that up. The horse has already been let out of the barn, giving people N95s is only good if everyone uses them, which is not going to happen.

I’m not sure what he is hoping to accomplish with this. Such a waste of taxpayer money.
This is again a case of someone sitting behind a desk, who has no idea what they are doing, coming up with these pie in the sky ideas based on some theory they heard or read somewhere.

edited to add: we’ve known it’s airborne since day one. Government covered that up. The horse has already been let out of the barn, giving people N95s is only good if everyone uses them, which is not going to happen.
But ONE mask! At first it was make your own and wash it after every use, OR use the blue ones and throw them out after each use! KN95s are a one time use mask, not washable, don't bother!!!!

“You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
― Adrian Rogers

“You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
― Adrian Rogers

That's why I keep saying this country has passed the "point of no return".

Jim

― Adrian Rogers
100%. This is the mentality that kills me.

They're going to ship "free" mask to everyone? The shipping and handling will cost more than the mask.

"The White House announced Wednesday that the masks will come from the government's Strategic National Stockpile, which has more than 750 million of the highly protective masks on hand. The masks will be available for pickup at pharmacies and community health centers across the country."

"The White House announced Wednesday that the masks will come from the government's Strategic National Stockpile, which has more than 750 million of the highly protective masks on hand. The masks will be available for pickup at pharmacies and community health centers across the country."
So you can GO PICK UP your free mask and risk getting or spreading covid!!

They have them for free in our libraries here. Five per person per month. I am going to pick some up for the Spring mowing of the yard. That always kicks up a lot of dust the first two mows of the season. I'm tired of paying for things for others (like stimulus checks - I never got any!) So I am going to get myself some free masks. Because "I deserve it".

They have them for free in our libraries here. Five per person per month. I am going to pick some up for the Spring mowing of the yard. That always kicks up a lot of dust the first two mows of the season. I'm tired of paying for things for others (like stimulus checks - I never got any!) So I am going to get myself some free masks. Because "I deserve it".
I guess I could get some for cleaning the cat pans!!🐱

They're going to ship "free" mask to everyone? The shipping and handling will cost more than the mask.

They will send it in the mail, USPS, then it will be "free". That's government accounting logic.

They will send it in the mail, USPS, then it will be "free". That's government accounting logic.
No, they'll probably do it like Biden did the new rule that says health insurance companies have to cover up to 8 covid tests per person per month. He just mandated that private companies will have to pay for his new program.

So now they'll make a new rule that says private package delivery services must deliver up to 5 masks per person per month for free, and then they'll ship them FedEx and UPS.

If I were one of those health insurance companies that Brandon just mandated must pay for his covid tests, my response would be "Kiss my a$$ Brandon!" Where does this demented windbag get the idea that he can just go mandate that private companies have to pay for one of his projects?

This is how all government hand outs and entitlements start; "I deserve it".
Nope. That's how we end it. It is neither a hand out nor an entitlement to return some of the money taken from those who earned it. We need to put our foot down to this forced transfer of wealth. I do indeed deserve to get some of my own money back. For every dollar the government gives to someone, they have to take that dollar from someone else. I am sick of being the one taken from all the time. Stimulus checks? Child tax credit payments? Rent deferment and assistance? College loan payments waved? I've never gotten a penny of any of that. But I am forced to fund it for everyone else.

Nope. That's how we end it. It is neither a hand out nor an entitlement to return some of the money taken from those who earned it. We need to put our foot down to this forced transfer of wealth. I do indeed deserve to get some of my own money back. For every dollar the government gives to someone, they have to take that dollar from someone else. I am sick of being the one taken from all the time. Stimulus checks? Child tax credit payments? Rent deferment and assistance? College loan payments waved? I've never gotten a penny of any of that. But I am forced to fund it for everyone else.
Everyone on welfare feel the same way. Everyone who is getting some form of government handout feel the same. Yes I paid a fortune in taxes during my working career and I want nothing from the government. Voters over the last several generations have allowed this mess to happen.
You can have my mask.

Latest posts

Back