Free N95 masks

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would rather have your Social Security if you don't want that either, and it's up for grabs. :cool:
SS is money that I put in for my retirement. It isn't welfare and it isn't a handout. Of course I would rather that it was voluntary and that I had control over how it was invested these 40+ years. But thats for another thread.

"The White House announced Wednesday that the masks will come from the government's Strategic National Stockpile, which has more than 750 million of the highly protective masks on hand. The masks will be available for pickup at pharmacies and community health centers across the country."
barry depleted the Strategic National Stockpile, Trump got caught flatfooted and had to rebuild the stockpile, now biden is going to deplete it again.

SS is money that I put in for my retirement.
That's a common belief. But it's not true. You were never guaranteed - and still are not guaranteed - to get the money back that they took from you as forced SS payments. The money they took from you was to pay others retirement. Your retirement is supposed to be paid with money they take from a different set of others, along with interest gained from investing the general pool of money. If that different set of others and interest doesn't provide enough money to pay for what you believe you're owed, guess who's left holding the bag?

That's a common belief. But it's not true. You were never guaranteed - and still are not guaranteed - to get the money back that they took from you as forced SS payments. The money they took from you was to pay others retirement. Your retirement is supposed to be paid with money they take from a different set of others, along with interest gained from investing the general pool of money. If that different set of others and interest doesn't provide enough money to pay for what you believe you're owed, guess who's left holding the bag?
Well I am getting SS, my parents got SS and millions of others have been getting SS for many years. Of course its a ponzi scheme, we all know that. And of course it isn't enough to live on. It was never meant to be an only source of retirement income. I believe SS will be around long after I'm gone. The government will just keep raising SS taxes on employees and employers. Even if SS dried up tomorrow we'll be fine, because I set up my retirement investments without factoring in SS.
I would never count on the government for my only source of retirement income, that would be foolish. I'm sure most other people did the same.

Latest posts

Back