Freebies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
It looks like there are 100's institutions which have free coloring pages. There are some images I would never use, but I see many that I would. If I were still teaching, I would print some of these out for calming children down after they came in from recess and some tied to lessons and themes in the classroom.

Am I the only one whose penmanship and hand strength isn't what it used to be? I know that coloring will help with hand strength. I prefer colored pencils to crayons or markers. You can shade and create nicer work with colored pencils.

http://library.nyam.org/colorourcollections/

Last edited:
My penmanship is fine. I just have to write bigger since I started using crayons. ;)

Those are some cool looking prints, @Weedygarden
Some people don't get it. I Do! I've been coloring. I colored a b&w line drawing then realized I had fabric in the exact colors. Pretty cool.
Coloring is a good way to chill out, to kind of think through things. We use colored pencils and there are so many markers to choose from. Art stores carry expensive pencils of high quality that create beautiful works.

The check I wrote for property tax looked like I was 7 :( I really need to practice more. I can type just fine, pen and paper I am a disaster. My DW has some coloring apps on her tablet, she does them all the time.
I used to like my penmanship, but I don't have the same control of writing that I used to. I write most of my letters on my laptop. I remember practicing certain movements for hand strength in school. I know that we developed muscles for holding pencils by using them, exercising them. I have seen children who have little hand strength.
Art stores carry expensive pencils of high quality that create beautiful works.
There are beautiful and expensive colored pencils. I have collected them. When I was doing teacher training, I had to illustrate the lessons and had to have certain colors for certain materials. I still have them, although they are shorter.

More than once, my daughter received nice colored pencil packages as gifts for birthdays or Christmas. She likes writing tools (writing major in h.s.), and still has some of those cool boxes of them.

I have small hand tremors now that keep my writing from being very legible. Practice hasn't seemed to help. Much better for me to print out a paper that I typed on the laptop, these days.

I remember my mom using Artex colors back in the 60's and maybe early 70's. She was very artistic and did some beautiful work! She always did a huge mural on our picture window at Christmas!

When I was in high school they put me in remedial writing class. I put up with that for about a week and then things went downhill. For example my e's took on the appearance of a drunk, drawn out slinky with hiccups. Eventually they gave up and sent me back to a real class.

Cursive writing is going away fast.
It has been dropped from a lot of schools and kids just don't write much. Everything is on a computer.
I never had very good penmanship. I tend to print everything.
I can write in cursive but it's hard to read. I had a friend that had perfect penmanship. Every letter was perfect. Her only problem was she wrote very small. She would write 2 lines, one on the line and the next one between the line then the next one on the line but it was perfect.

Latest posts

Back