Freezer

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same problem when trying to get the business started. Found 9ne for free that had rotten meat in it. Took a month to get rid of the smell. Bought a commercial scratch and dent for the other.

After the great toilet paper panic of 2020 there was a run on freezers. Guess they had to have somewhere to put the tp.

Dang. Didn't see that coming. Craigslist may offer you options.
I checked our local Lowe's and chose a large freezer. It said available in store after August 3.
Hope you get it. A friend ordered one in May, they said delivery July 10, now they say maybe Sept.

I have 5 28CFT freezers, 1 24CFT and one of those itty bitty ones. I was going to down size, but now I won't. I used to sell meat and always kept one freezer empty in case of problems. Ten years on, still no problems, but with world the way it is I will keep them all. Even if one craps out, they are still great mouse proof storage for dry goods.

I bought a stove, it was a floor model, they did not have any in stock.
Bought a washer, 1 July & they are saying it will be August before it get here.
Tried to buy a freezer, no one has any. They say it will be Sept. or Oct. Some are assembled In the US, but parts all come from China and Mexico.

I have 5 28CFT freezers, 1 24CFT and one of those itty bitty ones. I was going to down size, but now I won't.

Thank you very-very-very greatly for this information. Here I thought that my having (4) FOUR qualified me as being "Bat'Spit" crazy..... :)

You are welcome. By having one spare at all times, it also makes it easier to clean and organize them. Move product from full freezer to empty clean freezer and double check the inventory list while doing so.

I am not selling meat any more, but I have one freezer each for beef, pork, chicken/turkey/duck, frozen fruit & veggies/milk and last but not least, one for hides and brains (tanning not eating),

The itty bitty one is for beef jerky and home made smoked goodness like bacon, sausage, hot dogs, pork loin and even cheese. Everyone should have more freezers and a smoker..

Bread machines too. Mine died in Feb. I had one ordered on Amazon and it was canceled (not by us). Ordered a different one and its still back ordered.
They went wayyy up in price too. One I looked at before the pandemic was $57. Lost the paddle to mine went to by the other it was $250. Guess I'll just buy a replacement paddle.

Now I need a freezer, for the deer harvest on the farm.
DW wants an up right.

Now I need a freezer, for the deer harvest on the farm.
DW wants an up right.
We have two uprights. We'll never go back to chest freezers because the stuff on the bottom tends to stay there indefinitely. With an upright, you can see what you have and you can actually get to everything.

Now, finding a freezer is another matter. I wish you luck!

We have two uprights. We'll never go back to chest freezers because the stuff on the bottom tends to stay there indefinitely. With an upright, you can see what you have and you can actually get to everything.

Now, finding a freezer is another matter. I wish you luck!
I think there are still many on ships in the Pacific!

Latest posts

Back