Friends and Family On Face Book

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We re-joined FB again about 6 months ago beccause of pandmic putting cease to visits after being off for over 5 years. Most of familyis on FB and a couple old friends but there is a gap between this new age world and keeping your morals and sense of who you are.
Not much to say if they are acting stupid. Nobody thinks for themselves now its all grouprhink and PC.
Anyone else have generation gaps?

Last edited:
Yes!
I look at husband's facebook, I don't have one.
Our daughters are liberals and post stupid stuff. Grandkids post tik tok stuff that is really dumb, and mostly I don't get. Just saw grandson in Washington (he's 21) bought his girlfriend a new bong to smoke pot with and she posted a picture of it with smiley faces and hearts. Hmm.

Yes!
I look at husband's facebook, I don't have one.
Our daughters are liberals and post stupid stuff. Grandkids post tik tok stuff that is really dumb, and mostly I don't get. Just saw grandson in Washington (he's 21) bought his girlfriend a new bong to smoke pot with and she posted a picture of it with smiley faces and hearts. Hmm.

Sometimes its like watching the rejects of WalMart with some of their " friends". I bite my tonque knowing how fast I will be ignored if I say anything.
I get tired of hearing nana this is not the `1950s and I think you better be glad too kidO or you'd be in trouble,lol. Not all of them of course but too many.
I stated out with 53 friends now down to 15. I told them keep it up and your on the way to Nomeville. Like they give a rats patudy!:rolleyes:

Pity the only one who liked working on land with us and going to all the places we took them in the one in prison.She was always the hardest wworker, most talented and smartest yet drugs took her down.

A letter or emial she wrote us through her sister a couple years or so ago .

1601571832511.png

1601571958420.png

Can't copy rest of letter so to read top aand bottome of letter had to put up two.

Last edited:
I made them wear same color shirts to identify them from the rest of teh kids on the beach also to keep count in case one went into ocean.Most of the trips only had 2 to 4 sometimes 6 kids though.

Pity the only one who liked working on land with us and going to all the places we took them in the one in prison.She was always the hardest wworker, most talented and smartest yet drugs took her down.

A letter or emial she wrote us through her sister a couple years or so ago .

View attachment 51184

View attachment 51185

Can't copy rest of letter so to read top aand bottome of letter had to put up two.

Here she is 'letter writer above' hanging onto her papas leg while other one jumps rope ,
1601578727820.png

Oldest grandkid ' the one jumping rope above' learning to fish holding worm,lol
1601578872109.png

this is where we took 4 oldest snow Sking in Tenn. And they had a good laugh when I demonstrated how you do it went up skis and all and fell on my fanny.They were standing around complaining how cold it was, I said start moving aand you won't be cold! Like this:ghostly::confused2:I couldn't ski either.

1601579164552.png

Don't pay attention to dates on pic. Most are picturees taken of older pictures,so dates are wrong.Rafting down the river in N Ga.

1601582316526.png

Last edited:
We re-joined FB again about 6 months ago beccause of pandmic putting cease to visits after being off for over 5 years. Most of familyis on FB and a couple old friends but there is a gap between this new age world and keeping your morals and sense of who you are.
Not much to say if they are acting stupid. Nobody thinks for themselves now its all grouprhink and PC.
Anyone else have generation gaps?
Hah. Gaps for sure, but I didn't think of them as 'generation' gaps. Vermont is a special case along with Maine I think, because our states were opened up to urban contamination by the Interstate, without becoming urban (except in the far northwest of Vermont and coastal Maine). Virginia is the closest comparison I guess, because of DC commuters in its northeast. Before the Interstate, The great majority of Vermonters acted pretty much the same - stupid or otherwise. The Internet didn't become a big social mess until this century. . . right? FB sure is fragmented. If the nation is the pattern that FB mirrors, the nation is a bolixed up conglomeration of social factions that seem to creep each other out.

Hah. Gaps for sure, but I didn't think of them as 'generation' gaps. Vermont is a special case along with Maine I think, because our states were opened up to urban contamination by the Interstate, without becoming urban (except in the far northwest of Vermont and coastal Maine). Virginia is the closest comparison I guess, because of DC commuters in its northeast. Before the Interstate, The great majority of Vermonters acted pretty much the same - stupid or otherwise. The Internet didn't become a big social mess until this century. . . right? FB sure is fragmented. If the nation is the pattern that FB mirrors, the nation is a bolixed up conglomeration of social factions that seem to creep each other out.

Not all 'yet' but most are conforming to the new age groups which are not really improving on anything except how to show how low can you go and I'm not talking under the Limbo stick either.
Then they put all those pasties on the kids faces and can'r even see what the kid looks like.And whats with all the sticking out the tonque crapola?Even have the little toddlers doing it now.Not my kids and grands 'yet but some do wear the little stickers' but lots of cousins and their friends.

My wife got mad when I said you can not be a chirstian & surport Facebook.

It depends on your friends and family. One of my co-workers from long ago posted a truly assinine photo yesterday. I have temporarily snoozed him and made it so I dont see photos from that particular other account.
You may find it hard to believe, most of what I see on f b is neutral, informative, pets, gardening or farming, religion, a little political, because that's either what I follow or what my friends and family post. Plus everybody's family stuff.

It depends on your friends and family. One of my co-workers from long ago posted a truly assinine photo yesterday. I have temporarily snoozed him and made it so I don't see photos from that particular other account.
You may find it hard to believe, most of what I see on f b is neutral, informative, pets, gardening or farming, religion, a little political, because that's either what I follow or what my friends and family post. Plus everybody's family stuff.
I see a lot of neutral stuff, and I do my best to be neutral, because I have many on both sides and if I post anything close to an opinion or sensational, I hear about it. Conservative stuff comes to me mostly in PM's because of the policing.

I don't have a lot of FB friends. I think I have maybe 35 or so. I know way more people and most of them have FB pages but some people are just obnoxious on FB. Sometimes, it's best to just unfriend. I have a brother-in-law that's one of those. He'll "poke" with some derogatory religious remark just about every chance he gets and I just don't wanna put up with it. Others can't wait to share a hundred political memes a day. I just don't need that stuff. How these people with something like 3,000 "Friends" manage, I haven't a clue. Yeah, you can "hide" people. But then, what's the point?

Latest posts

Back