Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm struggling with being a natural night owl and wanting to get an early start on the day. It's kinda like the apples and oranges of life. 😅
Not for me...
Mornings have always been a struggle for me, and as I got older, they totally sukt. :mad:
Then I retired and discovered that my body works 5X better from midnight to 2:30am, than from 8:00am-10:30 am.:thumbs:
No more 'mournings' for me.
66984-NoDeal.gif

Last edited:
Been out already looking at stuff...!!! Doing some Laundry(Getting caught up) and one more load will finish it for this month... ;)

Not for me...
Mornings have always been a struggle for me, and as I got older, they totally sukt. :mad:
Then I retired and discovered that my body works 5X better from midnight to 2:30am, than from 8:00am-10:30 am.:thumbs:
No more 'mournings' for me.
66984-NoDeal.gif
There's gotta be something wrong with me because it seems that the older I get the less sleep I need.

I can hate mornings with the best of 'em and I'm a natural second shift worker, but once I'm up and moving.... I kick myself for hitting the snooze button twenty times.

There's gotta be something wrong with me because it seems that the older I get the less sleep I need.
It's weird, I think it has to do with metabolism and calories burned.
I know we get more efficient/'MPG' (miles per gobble), as we get older too.
This is why it is so hard for older people that do everything right (diet & exercise), to lose weight.
Before I retired, I could easily sleep 10 hours in a night on weekends.
Had to pry myself out of bed every weekday morning.
Today, 4 hours sleep in a stretch is max. I am also the poster-child for what a 'sedentary-lifestyle' is :D.

Last edited:
I wake up when it gets light out
ignore the clock unless we have to go somewhere

I feel best if I get my 7-8 hours of sleep , which I now get thanks to taking a gummi at night most nights, had terrible insomnia before we moved here . I would wake up at 2 or 3 and not be able to go back to sleep , and dreaded the next day feeling like I couldn't function because I lacked sleep

I sleep four hours at a time, if I do not work out. Work out means any time I cut grass, go to the farm & sometime I help my son with thing.
Done some fire protection & wiring on a few houses, nothing big. I potted plants & planted bulbs this afternoon, I will sleep tonight.

Latest posts

Back