Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yesterday took the dog on a nice walk, went and got feed n supplies, got busy on a project all afternoon and finished by 6..whew hew! Missed going to the hot springs tho..but maybe ill go tonight. Its that time of year to hook up the water heaters to power ..dippin into cold nights already. stayed up really late reading on here and watchin you tube silly stuff.
today, slept in some yea!
just finished my coffee..
I put together a hay hut that a neighbor is letting me borrow it for the winter. I'm still half asleep in bed but about 10 ish I hear a tractor go past and my gate open . I stumble out the door, hair all crazy, threw on flip flops n vest over long jammies in the rain. First thing he said, "I'm guessing your on nights again?"
I laugh and admit that I was even though yesterday was the start of my weekend. I stay up really late regardless ..I was on a roll
Now that its already one in the afternoon.. I have sufficient amount of caffine in my system and I need to :
walk dog, hit gym, collect more apples and rock, clean my cave, get a fire going, laundry, make butternut squash soup, dehydrate fruit, listen to some news n fun stuff on here again..maybe take down more barbed wire too..

I had a dear friend clean out our chicken coup today, didn't have to ask him, it's so great to have neighbors/friends that are often more family than family. We are truly blest to have such wonderful neighbors.

7AEF1187-6224-46A4-A17A-CF2F6CCB945A.jpeg
3F6888C1-F3C5-4911-A377-A92CA14249CD.jpeg
What I did most of yesterday. Outfits 2 and 3 of a total of 5 I am making for a church nursery.

My time is always up, because I can't count. jk It might be up next week, but I decided to not consider this social media and I don't have to have a reason why not, and I don't mean that in an unkind way, but maybe I'm just being a cry baby. Something that comes easily these days.
Apparently I missed you guys too.
I was told there used to be get-togethers of members from the other forum most of you came from. Everybody too busy, too far apart. Are we all getting too old to hang out together once in a while? Too many animals, or grandchildren, or old people to take care of. Too many plants, too much bad weather, weather that's too good and too much to do while the sun shines.

@VThillman have you always considered yourself a New Englander? Lived near the Mason Dixon line most of my life, 3 miles from it for a few years, but have not yet been to VT, NH, N.Y., and the others. Maine has been calling my name for years but I might die the first winter after living in hot Texas. I'm willing to try it.

and @masterspark are you from the original group these other folks seem to hail from?
I like N.E. clam chowduh too.

Patch, I've always considered myself a hillbilly Vermonter first, a hayseed second, a northern New Englander after that - and always an American.

Maine has room in it for more than one sort of country. Southwestern there's a lot of rural, sparsely settled country, a lot of lakes and woods - and no-see-ums in season. The coast is - well, it's Maine Coast. I've been the length of the state on I-95, but darned if I can adequately describe the scenery north of Portland. except that there's no resemblance to Vermont or New Hampshire.

You need to come take a look. In summer.

Son picks up range orphans. He's married with children and tight budget so I give him the "Family" discount. For every three pieces that he provides me deprimes I give him a reload. Not deprimed the ration is 2 to 1. Usually the daughter-in-law does the hand depriming when the grandkids are cooperative.

Wet tumbled about 250 of a mixture of .223 & 5.56. Last night I hand swaged all of it. They will go into the bin for this winter for sizing and trimming before reloading.

Latest posts

Back