Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG951894.jpg
Two mastiffs, eh? Remind me to call ahead.

Its the pup you have to watch. She's a little (+-40lb) rocket and will get tangled in your legs and knock you over long before the mastiffs get to you.

Last edited:
That might work. Liquid nails?
I've never used Liquid Nails so I have no idea but there are many good products out there that would work. 5200 by 3M is good but expensive. There are some two part products. Others here can give you some names I'm sure.

Know your place and don't argue with people who can make your life less enjoyable.
I just had it out last month with &(*^%%(!#% phone company. After talking to a employee I ask for a supervisor. I told them I'm not paying for upgrades every year, to fix it right the first time. So the super was even less appreciative than the other one. So after a heated argument she said " I think were losing connection, can't hear you.
By now I heard the ugliest elevator music for past hour and spoke to a couple nuts so all niceness is gone.
I yelled " go to hell , bet you heard that ". Long story short it takes me forever to load a video, or watch one. My web is slow and they are still doing things imo.
Here is one of their mental clones below. I do feel sorry for the workers but damn! This is why I may get off line for good.

I carry a cellphone for 911 purposes only, only partly because I get confused trying to do the other stuff.
My local telephone / internet provider is a 'family owned' company that favors 'sharp business practice'. When it 'practices' on the Big Boys who own the big Internet servers and the satellites, local service tends to get iffy.

I carry a cellphone for 911 purposes only, only partly because I get confused trying to do the other stuff.
My local telephone / internet provider is a 'family owned' company that favors 'sharp business practice'. When it 'practices' on the Big Boys who own the big Internet servers and the satellites, local service tends to get iffy.

Think of your "cell phone" as being what it IS, not what it APPEARS to be. It "appears" to be a "phone," but the reality is it's actually a MINI-TABLET COMPUTER with telephone software installed, along with a bazillion other applications (Internet, social media, music/video player(s), weather app(s), clock, calendar, calculator, yada yada yada), half of which you'll probably never use to begin with. Aggravating little B$#@& @$s!!!! :callyou:

Think of your "cell phone" as being what it IS, not what it APPEARS to be. It "appears" to be a "phone," but the reality is it's actually a MINI-TABLET COMPUTER with telephone software installed, along with a bazillion other applications (Internet, social media, music/video player(s), weather app(s), clock, calendar, calculator, yada yada yada), half of which you'll probably never use to begin with. Aggravating little B$#@& @$s!!!! :callyou:

:clapping: LOL. Shucks Most of that stuff I don't do on my desktop.

VThil, thats the way to do it,imo.

Hubby says " I'm gonna take a nap". I tell him your gonna take a zap if you lay next to that modem router whatever! So I unplug and get off line so he can rest.

Does anyone else feel like they are never home lately? I wasn't even home long enough this morning after getting out of bed (5:30 AM-ish) to get a load of laundry done. It still had another full rinse cycle to go through. I hung them when I got home this evening- 6-ish. Finally getting to sit for a few but it's bedtime. Tomorrow I'll be making another trip to Lewiston, Idaho with a load of metal. Glad to see Friday roll around. I'm trying really hard to keep Saturday free so I can stay home. I need to mow the lawn, but at least I'll be home.

Yep, LL. I am never home. Except the weekend. Then I have to get the shopping done, laundry caught up, and attempt to clean, and on Sunday, spend time with our adult kids. It's never ending. Well, now it'll end. A week from today is my last day. Kind of. Still have to clean out the school.
And I love being home, I used to be.

And tracking device!

Yep, LL. I am never home. Except the weekend. Then I have to get the shopping done, laundry caught up, and attempt to clean, and on Sunday, spend time with our adult kids. It's never ending. Well, now it'll end. A week from today is my last day. Kind of. Still have to clean out the school.
And I love being home, I used to be.
I am sooo happy for you. What a weight to set down.

I'm the opposite. I rarely go anywhere for more than a few hours. We are going to a family picnic in a couple of weeks and we'll take the motorhome and stay for 3 days. In September I'm taking my wife to the Oregon coast for 3 days for our 49th anniversary but other than that we pretty much stay home. I traveled enough when I worked to last a long time.

I'm the opposite. I rarely go anywhere for more than a few hours. We are going to a family picnic in a couple of weeks and we'll take the motorhome and stay for 3 days. In September I'm taking my wife to the Oregon coast for 3 days for our 49th anniversary but other than that we pretty much stay home. I traveled enough when I worked to last a long time.
That would be my preference. I really am a homebody so when I have to go a lot, I feel sorta off kilter.
If you make it through Astoria, and you like fish and chips, stop in at Bowpickers. It's just a little boat restaurant, kind like a taco truck. I wouldn't have eaten there except a friend who lived there took me and said it was safe. Some of the best fish and chips I've ever had!

The emergency response unit in Walla Walla county uses cell towers to triangulate on emergency callers who don't or can't provide their locations. GPS is rarely used at all.
Emergency response vehicles are equipped with GPS locators and that allows a specific tracking of speed, direction, path and location. You can't do that in real time with cell connections.

I just drove about 430 miles today. Was a good day for traveling. The neatest portion was the Google Maps I had showing from my phone to car dash screen shows the map and I have it on satellite view. But this system will talk to you telling you turns and bits of information as you go along. It will all of the sudden say "Speed Trap ahead" or on I-64 there is a crash with 3 minute delay. Then later 17 minute delay and popped up a box for a 15 minute quicker time. I took the quicker time, and I was so please as it took me through IL on the state roads and no interstate after that. I had less traffic, no 18 wheelers, and saw all sorts of neat farm houses. I think when I travel back on Monday I'll try for the off interstate way.
(Yes, I know some software is tracking me, but on this trip I don't care.)

Latest posts

Back