Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had to report the new next door neighbors to crime watch for suspected drug dealing.
Cars coming and going at all hours...parking a few doors up with the engine running and one person going next door for approx. 5 mins and then running back to the car.
I see this happening many times every day.
They do burnouts down the road in their V8 utes that aren't road worthy or registered.
They park in front of my drive way and I can't get my car out.
I had a blond, intoxicated ........ female bash on my door wanting to come in at an ungodly hour even though all the lights were off.
Thank you @Sentry18 for the thread about the suspicious woman with a "infant" in the prep forum.
It helped a lot.
I refused to open the door, turn on any lights and just acted like I wasn't home.
I kept an eye on her until she staggered off the property and went next door to the bad neighbors.
I had my phone ready to dial 000 if she got a bright idea.

This lot are carbon copies of the last lot who lived there.
Hopefully they get busted down for dealing and possession and they'll be evicted from their state owned house by the state run Housing commission.

Tank-Girl, your home seems to be in a wrong neighborhood. (Duh, really VT?)

This morning I did my animal chorse and saw that my guinea pig sow had given birth last night during the storm.
It was a single and, of course it had to be a male.
It's massive.
Because the boar was in the same pen I have little doubt she's been bred again.
Guinea pig sows come back into season as soon as they finish giving birth.
I bump up the feed so she can support lactation and gestation at the same time.

I was going to post this in Jokes and Humor, but that is Ground Under Repair. It fits in here as well. IMHO this guy is hilarious. Since we are sitting on the porch chit chatting I will be using my Nothing Box.

So yesterday I went to deliver some brownies that my DW made to two of our neighbors and on my way to the second neighbor I saw that he had a herd of elk in his fields and during the time I was visiting with him a royal bull came down out of the woods, mostly all tan fur and a huge rack of probably seven points per side, this guy is well over a 1,000 pounds and has fathered a number of bulls and cows that are awesome to see, this is probably the healthiest herd I've seen around here. I really hope that this bull escapes hunting seasons to come as he is the kind of animal that will increase the herds around here.

Happy New Year Thread!

Ain't this just great...

As some of you may know, I'm on dialysis for Chronic Kidney Disease.
I'm fortunate that my sister is willing to be tested as a potential Kidney donor, but I'm not able to be active on the UNOS donor list yet due to a small growth on each of my existing kidneys.
Well, after my last CAT Scan, there's a 60% chance it's cancer.
On the bright side, the growths are small and have not grown in the last 6 months, so they should be able to remove them cryogenically.

Damn, getting old sucks sometimes...

Happy New Year Thread!

Ain't this just great...

I'm fortunate that my sister is willing to be tested as a potential Kidney donor, but I'm not able to be active on the UNOS donor list yet due to a small growth on each of my existing kidneys.
On the bright side, the growths are small and have not grown in the last 6 months, so they should be able to remove them cryogenically.

praying it’s not cancer

Pleasant night Double R!

Happy New Year Thread!

Ain't this just great...

Sparky hopefully whatever it is you beat it. :huggs:

How are you SheepDog?

I'm good! My wife is physically recovered from her third cancer surgery and has accepted that she will likely live.
I have her, a comfortable home, family that loves me and just enough back pain to let me know I am no longer 25.
I feel so lucky I may buy a lottery ticket and win the 321 million dollars or whatever it is now.

How about yourself. Is life being kind to you?

I'm good! My wife is physically recovered from her third cancer surgery and has accepted that she will likely live.
I have her, a comfortable home, family that loves me and just enough back pain to let me know I am no longer 25.
I feel so lucky I may buy a lottery ticket and win the 321 million dollars or whatever it is now.

How about yourself. Is life being kind to you?
Wow! Glad she’s decided she will live! Got a good man at her side and that definitely helps. Trust me on that one. I have one keeping me going myself. :) Definitely get a lottery ticket!

Naughty girl! I think I like her.
I think I might buy a lottery ticket tomorrow, so it's up to all of you to help me win. Just keep thinking to yourself you know a guy who is going to be a millionaire Wednesday night. at least we will all have some pleasant thoughts for the next few days. That right there is a good enough reason!

Latest posts

Back