Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Peanut , I use the app Spotify , yes some commercials, but I have thousands of songs loaded into my created albums, and connect my phone to my car radio , and that happens automatically if source on radio is set to phone.

It plays in the background most time if I want to listen to music.

Only music I hear in the car.

Jim

When I am driving the only music I hear is the note of the exhaust and the rhythm of the road under the tires.
I love to drive.

I have studded tires on my car right now so like @VThillman not music. Funny though I do drive quite a bit and often just enjoy the lack of "input."
Sorry we can't play along with the snow-tires tune:(.
Sunny and 81° where we were day before yesterday:D:
0130201155a_HDR_resized.jpg

(she's pretty hot for being 64, huh:D)

Sunny and 81° where we were day before yesterday:D:View attachment 33928
Pppllllbbbttttt! (That's a raspberry to a certain retired person :))
Hope you're enjoying your cruise and sunshine. Safe travels!

@Peanut , I use the app Spotify , yes some commercials, but I have thousands of songs loaded into my created albums, and connect my phone to my car radio , and that happens automatically if source on radio is set to phone.

It plays in the background most time if I want to listen to music.

Only music I hear in the car.

Jim
I use Spotify too. I got it for the car, but I like it enough I got a Bluetooth speaker for home and to take to the gym, and also on the road with me.

Sunny and 81° where we were day before yesterday:D:View attachment 33928

Rub it in...it's 35 deg on my front porch. :confused:
And...yes she does.

Looks like you got the best end of the deal for sure..

Have some fun for me...
BTW...that LT1 is fast.

Jim

The word came down from on high, we're loading the equipment back on the train and going back to Pueblo tomorrow. The damn weather just won't cooperate in Wyoming. We're getting freezing temps and 60+ mph wind every day, and we're tearing the track up as much as we're fixing it. My heart is definitely not broken. Working in Wyoming is a 10 out of 10 on the Suck-O-Meter in the wintertime...

A little trivia:
The Po'boy sandwich was created in 1929 in New Orleans when the streetcar conductors went on strike against the streetcar company.
2 former conductors owned a restaurant and fed the striking workers saying: "here comes another poor boy" when one would come up.
If you are in New Orleans, this is what a 'real' shrimp Po'boy sandwich from Deanie's looks like:
0124201718_r.jpg

(my:great:is for scale too)
And I can tell you, it is a FULL meal!

Last edited:
A little trivia:
The Po'boy sandwich was created in 1929 in New Orleans when the streetcar conductors went on strike against the streetcar company.
2 former conductors owned a restaurant and fed the striking workers saying: "here comes another poor boy" when one would come up.
If you are in New Orleans, this is what a 'real' shrimp Po'boy sandwich from Deanie's looks like:
(my:great:is for scale too)
And I can tell you, it is a FULL meal!

Darn, now I'm going to have to drive about 50 miles for a good shrimp Po'boy... Well, it's only 6 miles from dad's hospital and their gumbo is 1st class. ;)

On second thought, their gumbo is a B+ but still the best in town...

@Supervisor42 Have you tried the roast beef sandwich at Parasol's? Its between St Charles and Jaskson, can take the street car down there. Best roast beef sandwich in New Orleans.
I haven't but I bet it's great. I ate too much roast beef growing up and it sticks between my teeth:confused:. They have so many restaurants in NO that they compete for your business at a very high level.
If you go to Deanie's, go hungry because they have huge portions. That shrimp po'boy is only $10.97:eek:.

@Bacpacker sure hope you're feeling better today.

Thanks Patch. Coughing seems to be a little better today, at least to this point. Wheezing a little more today than yesterday, but still better than Friday. Yesterday seemed like 2nd and 3rd treatments yesterday helped more than the first did. Hope thats the case today as well. I did sleep better last night after only a couple hours Friday night.

Just my thoughts also..

View attachment 33974

Jim
I do not watch football so I really don't care if it's on or not.
However, Fox and Dish are in a contract dispute so it will not be on the Dish network today.
There will be a lot of ticked off people but that's the whole point of Fox shutting it down.

As a survivalist, I don't have a functioning TV. ;) I can't survive the cable bill.
Well, The TV is there, but I use it to watch DVD movies, so it's just a monitor to me.
We did that for a number of years- had one but no hook ups. Finally it had been unplugged for about two years and I was dusting it when I asked hubby if we could get rid of it so I didn't have to dust it any more. That's was probably 8-9 yrs ago. Haven't had tv for 18-19 yrs.

Crap. Stuck in Wyoming one more day. We couldn't get a train crew to run our equipment train, all the engineers and conductors laid off because of the Super Bowl. So now we have to load up in a blizzard tomorrow morning, and then travel down to Pueblo in the storm.

On the plus side, Hail to the Chiefs! San Francisco will probably have riots over the loss. Let that filthy disgusting turd covered hole burn...

Latest posts

Back