Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sheriffs were out looking but I didn’t hear they found them.
There's been people talking all over the Country about riots and stuff breaking out,even here in Indiana. I don't know what all these peoples' problem is but in 1 report I heard about it seems they're targeting houses with American flags. Whether that's true or not I'm not sure. Course that's not drive buys only. They seem to be well organized. I don't know if it's got anything to do with what you went through or not.

Thank you, @Amish Heart . There is a forum I sometimes go to...a long thread going about the rioting, and ETC.
Some are saying they live in cities, suburbs, where they are hearing it every night and they are scared. They are arguing also so I don't stay there long. I had posted a photo here from there of some decent guys holding guns, at night, protecting their town...or was it a photo op/fake news for white supremists? I have no idea. So I took it down. There is too much news to sift through all the crap.
I'm going to bed. Early day tomorrow.

There's been people talking all over the Country about riots and stuff breaking out,even here in Indiana. I don't know what all these peoples' problem is but in 1 report I heard about it seems they're targeting houses with American flags. Whether that's true or not I'm not sure. Course that's not drive buys only. They seem to be well organized. I don't know if it's got anything to do with what you went through or not.
I doubt we’ll every know motive. Last night was quiet in our area but there was a group that did some car damages and broke into some businesses in town.
I could believe it but if they were smart they wouldn’t target patriotic people who more than likely won’t lay down and take it.
they are VERY well organized.
I suspect they will start moving into more rural towns as the National guard starts cracking down and the curfews happens. Less likely to get caught but who knows really.

Never mindThey are saying the anarchists and antifa are looking for trouble far and wide.
One woman said a friend called her city police and they said you're on your own.
Things are so quiet here.
I’ve been seeing that reported quite a bit.
We expect to be on our own out here. Minimum hour on average a sheriff can get here in an emergency.

Thank you, @Amish Heart . There is a forum I sometimes go to...a long thread going about the rioting, and ETC.
Some are saying they live in cities, suburbs, where they are hearing it every night and they are scared. They are arguing also so I don't stay there long. I had posted a photo here from there of some decent guys holding guns, at night, protecting their town...or was it a photo op/fake news for white supremists? I have no idea. So I took it down. There is too much news to sift through all the crap.
I'm going to bed. Early day tomorrow.
Sweet dreams!

There are American flags up and down every street here. In fact the city puts out hundreds if not thousands of US Flags every holiday. Of course there are 25 guns for every flag, so even when we did have a minor kerfuffle the other day none of them went anywhere near the residential areas.

... heard about it seems they're targeting houses with American flags. ...

United States flag is flying tall and free in my front yard and I'm home too. They have a problem with that I'd feel it is my responsibility as and older American citizen to help adjust their thinking.

It is said that bad guys know most houses that display an American flag also contain firearms.
Sometimes the flag is a deterrent because the bad guys know they might get shot.
Sometimes the bad guys hit the house because they know guns are valuable and easily sold for cash.

United States flag is flying tall and free in my front yard and I'm home too. They have a problem with that I'd feel it is my responsibility as and older American citizen to help adjust their thinking.
I agree.. Putting up a flag here is something I've been planning on doing for quite a few years,just haven't done it yet.

It is said that bad guys know most houses that display an American flag also contain firearms.
Sometimes the flag is a deterrent because the bad guys know they might get shot.
Sometimes the bad guys hit the house because they know guns are valuable and easily sold for cash.

That must mean every house in a several block radius of my home contains firearms. Very comforting.

Of course many of those flags have other flags flying below them, often US Army or USMC flags.

I will add this to the conversation. It it somewhat difficult to find an American made flag pole and American made US Flag that is not cost prohibitive. But it can be done, and in my opinion SHOULD be done. After having two flag poles break during bad weather, we ended up getting a commercial grade pole instead of a residential model. So far it has been rock solid.

I have been looking for a flag pole and Sentry is correct. You will pay a lot for a good American made one.
The cheap ones won't last and I really don't want to have to keep replacing them.
I think this is the one I want. I'll add the solar light on top.
My nephew has one and he has had no problems with it. It locks into position and does not slip and it has not been damaged by the heavy winds.
https://www.amazon.com/Telescoping-...=Telescoping+Flag+Poles&qid=1591282944&sr=8-7

My flags fly 24/7/365, with a dusk to dawn LED spotlight on the pole pointing up. I buy flags made by Annin, both US and state. My pole is some chain link fence "Top Rail" that slid into some electric conduit then I put a bracket and pulley on top. Last year I bought a real truck for the top, it's much nicer than my old pulley.

What i think when I see BLM
Bureau of Land Management. It won't go away, you cannot replace one acronym with another and expect it to stick. Sorry, people, but land matters too.

Of course land matters thats why it is important to make sure its not sold or controlled by foreign entities.Or sold to hifgst bidders.
Of course protecting our national forest is important so we can enjoy it and leave something natural for our children to enjoy.

Latest posts

Back