Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m feeling guilty. Last week ordered a case of wheat from the LDS store. $40.05, a price I’m happy with, plus $3 shipping on any size order.
Fed ex left a few minutes ago. Quick delivery. They paid $72.42 to deliver. I feel like I took advantage…
Don't feel guilty - they don't pay that much. That's how much you would pay. They get a bulk rate and probably a certain portion is further deducted as a "donation/tax write-off." They would not offer it at that price to take a loss. Sadly, even churches play the corporate game when it comes to the books.

New woman and I are going to make a trip to Kansas and buy a couple of tons of wheat.
What kind of truck or trailer will you use to haul it? I know where there are many grain bins, probably full, in South Dakota, but a ton of wheat is more than I want to haul. How will you store it? My grandparents had a granary on their ranch made of wood, with three sections. One section had wheat, another milo, and another a grain they called cane. I know it has another name, but I can never remember it. Maybe sorghum?

Goodnight all. have a good night!

Screenshot_20220428-070606.jpg

Good night Pearl. Sleep well.

Don't feel guilty - they don't pay that much. That's how much you would pay. They get a bulk rate and probably a certain portion is further deducted as a "donation/tax write-off." They would not offer it at that price to take a loss. Sadly, even churches play the corporate game when it comes to the books.
To some extent, the church has their own farms and fields to grow a lot in several states. A lot is given away. There is a huge storehouse is Salt Lake City. Even DJ Trump was impressed when he toured it.

To some extent, the church has their own farms and fields to grow a lot in several states. A lot is given away. There is a huge storehouse is Salt Lake City. Even DJ Trump was impressed when he toured it.
Maybe this is better for the prepping thread, but I just paid $1 / lb for organic hard red wheat. The non organic was $17 for a 25 lb bag. Sorry - sorta off topic now.
From what I've heard, the storehouse in SLC is impressive. I have family there who have said similar.

Ever notice when you look in the obituaries that everyone dies in alphabetical order? If I had to do this over again I would change my name to one that starts with a Z

Ever notice when you look in the obituaries that everyone dies in alphabetical order? If I had to do this over again I would change my name to one that starts with a Z
Although not explicitly for that case the obituary doubles as a list of those that stooped smoking.
:rolleyes:

Ben

So because most automobile accidents happen within 25 mile of home are you going to move? 😄
That's an old blond joke.

Constitution of United States of America 1789 (rev. 1992)
X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

I need some rubber boots so I don't have to keep taking my warm fuzzy socks off to put thongs ( flip flops in American) on to go outside.
Going from Uggs and warm zuzzy socks inside to thongs/ flip flops isn't nice and it's PITA having to contstantly change footware to go inside or out.

I need some rubber boots so I don't have to keep taking my warm fuzzy socks off to put thongs ( flip flops in American) on to go outside.
Going from Uggs and warm zuzzy socks inside to thongs/ flip flops isn't nice and it's PITA having to contstantly change footware to go inside or out.
I can't remember which farm store I got them from, but I bought clear plastic (heavy duty) slip over whatever you are wearing baggie type boots. Like instead of grocery store bags over your shoes! Would not keep your feet warm, just dry. Comes up over your calf and ties. Can use them multiple times, came in a pack of six!

In home improvement stores, there are what look like shower caps for your feet. They are used so contractors shoes don't ruin new floors. I do the ol' switcheroo a hundred times a day or just go bare footed since it's summer now. Winter it's shoes to slippers and back again.

Latest posts

Back