Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just took the dog for a nice evening walk, wearing shorts and a tee shirt.
I used to have a raspberry around here somewhere. When I find it, I'll send it to ya! Lol

I have a friend who walks farm fields looking for Indian artifacts. He's got an interesting collection for sure.
I like hunting for 'Indian Rock's' almost as much as eating. But I've 'let' my kids and grandkids talk me out of them!

We can't let you in on the secret women code or we lose our women cards :LOL:
Don't worry to much about it @Fort ! If we knew the code we'd loose our man card!

Hello everyone and hope your day has been good and we got 7mm of glorious rain last night and we are recovering from our 3 hours of chapel garden beautification yesterday which was 3 hours of digging out old plants, loading trailers and pruning plants but it looks much better than it did.

This morning I started off the morning with stain removing some clothing and then putting on a load of washing, hanging it out and bringing it in this evening. I also hand watered one side of the house paddock lawns with saved grey water from our showers and washing machine. DH then did the washing up and cleaned the benches and I wiped them and put them away.

This afternoon we picked a large amount of cherry tomatoes from the gardens, staked them up some more and also picked some beetroot and DH is currently making a homemade pizza for tea with mostly homegrown topping on it and we will have some beetroot and carrot juice with it.

I thought you lost your because of you anti cooking and cleaning lifestyle. Did you get it back today? :coffee:
:LOL:
I am not anti cooking and cleaning. I actually enjoy cooking when people enjoy my food and I don't have to clean up afterwards. It is the cleaning part that I don't like to do. I am not against other people cleaning though ;)

Doing ok. Still trying to kick this sickness I got.
Killing me watching hubby out back at the range shooting my guns without me. lol!
He's been doing some custom loads for some of our varmint guns. Now he's decided to do my baby. I'm ok with it just jealous i'm not the one doing it. Glad to see him finally not working and actually doing something he enjoys. Y'all men work way too hard.
How's your weekend so far? Getting any rest or still running like mad?

I'm gonna have to come out there and go to WalMart,
and get those items for you , just so you can get well??

sangry_big_red_100-103.gif

Jim

:LOL:
I am not anti cooking and cleaning. I actually enjoy cooking when people enjoy my food and I don't have to clean up afterwards. It is the cleaning part that I don't like to do. I am not against other people cleaning though ;)

The first time my wife cooked for me, while we were dating, she got called to work just after we finished eating. She was only going to be gone 30-45 minutes so she asked me to just hang out until she returned. Instead I cleaned her kitchen, including her microwave, her refrigerator and her burner trays on her stove. When she returned I had just sat down and her kitchen was sparkling. She politely thanked me for cleaning up but quickly moved on from the topic. I found out later that her Dad apparently always did the dishes after dinner and she was super excited that I cleaned her kitchen. She said that was the first time she saw me as a potential husband. Little did I know it also meant I would be doing dishes 80% of the time.

Evening everyone!
Everyone home safe and warm?

Sitting in the living room with the Mrs., a couple dogs and one kid. The rest are either tucked in, out and about or staring at a tablet. House is a toasty 67 degrees.

Question/rant
Does anyone still write thank you letters/notes anymore? I'm starting to get very frustrated with the fact that I spend days writing Christmas Cards and Thank you letters every year (for all gifts year round) and NEVER get any from anyone. Maybe two or three Christmas cards a year and I send out at least 40. Maybe i'm just being grumpy but after all these years i'm about to the point of if you send me one ill send you one. No more thank you cards. grrrrr

The first time my wife cooked for me, while we were dating, she got called to work just after we finished eating. She was only going to be gone 30-45 minutes so she asked me to just hang out until she returned. Instead I cleaned her kitchen, including her microwave, her refrigerator and her burner trays on her stove. When she returned I had just sat down and her kitchen was sparkling. She politely thanked me for cleaning up but quickly moved on from the topic. I found out later that her Dad apparently always did the dishes after dinner and she was super excited that I cleaned her kitchen. She said that was the first time she saw me as a potential husband. Little did I know it also meant I would be doing dishes 80% of the time.

More proof, no good deed goes unpunished. Do it well and the task is yours FOREVER!!! :cry: :LOL:

Question/rant
Does anyone still write thank you letters/notes anymore? I'm starting to get very frustrated with the fact that I spend days writing Christmas Cards and Thank you letters every year (for all gifts year round) and NEVER get any from anyone. Maybe two or three Christmas cards a year and I send out at least 40. Maybe i'm just being grumpy but after all these years i'm about to the point of if you send me one ill send you one. No more thank you cards. grrrrr
I don't but I seem to run from one life crisis to another. This year my son and I were both sick around Christmas. I was happy to get some pictures done for Christmas... on Christmas Eve at my adopted family's house.

Question/rant

My card and thank you concept. Let them reap what they sew. No thank you , no more reasons for them to send thank you's. Card and present list dropped way down --- more money to buy better gifts or cards for those with manners. Too old to try teaching the ungrateful proper manners.

My card and thank you concept. Let them reap what they sew. No thank you , no more reasons for them to send thank you's. Card and present list dropped way down --- more money to buy better gifts or cards for those with manners. Too old to try teaching the ungrateful proper manners.
Hubby says our neighbor is on to something. If they send us a card, send them one. If they don't they no longer get one. Same with thank you cards.

I start early. Even if I have to stay up an hour a night or take them with me. I've always made sure they were all done. I was raised that way. Starting to wonder if I was raised wrong. I'm so tired it.
You were raised right. I just don't have the energy and organization to keep up at this point. I also tend to exchange gifts with a limited number of adults.

On the other hand, when one of my neighbors had to travel to visit another part of their family, I brought over dinner for 4 nights in a row for the rest of the family and made sure they had bacon and hard boiled eggs to eat for breakfast and lunch. I will go out of my way to help people (and these neighbors do a lot to help me), but I am not good at sitting down and putting it into writing.

We don't do mass Christmas cards, but my wife will write one out and send it out to anyone who sends us one. She does however write thank you cards and makes our kids write them too. I write mine vicariously through the lady of the house.

Back