Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been ok except for having 2 abscessed teeth bothering me real bad for about a week. I've only got 6 teeth left and 3 of them are bad,the other 3 are only maybe 25% real,caps,fillings and what not. He's wanting to pull them all and get me a lower denture,which I asked for 20 years ago but he refused to do it then. Thing is I had insurance back then and now I don't and it's going to cost me around 2 grand and I just got a 4 year loan for a new zero turn mower a few weeks ago,I doubt I can afford getting it done. I may have to learn to gum my food for awhile.
How are you?
Those lower dentures were wasted money for a couple of my siblings, because they couldn't keep them hitched.

Those lower dentures were wasted money for a couple of my siblings, because they couldn't keep them hitched.
I understand that but it beats having teeth fall apart or having tooth aches every time I turn around,I'm willing to chance it,it can't hurt...... It also wouldn't be the first time I wasted money,life's full of gambles.

I understand that but it beats having teeth fall apart or having tooth aches every time I turn around,I'm willing to chance it,it can't hurt...... It also wouldn't be the first time I wasted money,life's full of gambles.
Probably a good 'lifestyle' investment, if you can afford it. And the snaggle-teeth are outa there.

Hah! Brother Sheridan gave up on his lowers, but he had another half-century to work on eating without them; got good at it.

Inlaw said it was the top that kept giving her problems not the bottoms, so for Squirrels sake hope she is right, but VThil makes me wonder now.
With my siblings, the problem at the beginning with the uppers was the gag reflex in the morning. Some folks never get over it, or give up too soon. If the upper plate fits right, it stays in place better than the lower, just because there's a lot more area that's doing the gripping.

Probably a good 'lifestyle' investment, if you can afford it. And the snaggle-teeth are outa there.

Hah! Brother Sheridan gave up on his lowers, but he had another half-century to work on eating without them; got good at it.
I figure if all else that's what I'll do. My first wife's grand-father could eat corn on the cob without his teeth in,it can be done. But I'm not sure about eating steak or caramel without them,especially caramel. :LOL:

With my siblings, the problem at the beginning with the uppers was the gag reflex in the morning. Some folks never get over it, or give up too soon. If the upper plate fits right, it stays in place better than the lower, just because there's a lot more area that's doing the gripping.
It didn't take me but a few days to get over the gag reflex luckily.

Mom got the uppers last year, because on the upper, all she had left were her two front teeth and some broken ones on the side. She went to the dentist yesterday and she has two broken infected teeth on her lowers. She's taking antibiotic and will have those removed, but no bottom dentures, yet.

I am now saving for my lower dentures.
Have a toothache where there are no teeth on bottom.
Only have 8 teeth on the bottom anyway.
Good luck on your journey with your dentures.
I need to find glue that will keep uppers in after about 2 hours they come loose.
Thought about super glue at one time, but sons talked me out of that one.
By the way I take uppers out to eat caramel.
Otherwise caramel sticks to bottom of upper dentures.

Teeth problems are awful! I used to have a strong dislike of dental treatments. No reason. I take it fine now. Only had one tooth pulled so far, broke it into the gum eating popcorn.
Have had 2 maybe 3 root canals -- no big deal to me. My granny never had false teeth, died in her 90s and didn't have bad breath.
I never had braces. Probably could have.

I'm tired. Goodnight

Well it's been a hellish day.
Next door in brzen full daylight entered my front yard and as casually as you please started throwing my fire wood over the fence into their yard.
I roared at them and forgot I was a lady for a bit.
I rung the police and no sooner did I get off the phone than his idiot mate came speeding down the road, did a doughnut and a burn out, lost control of the vehicle and skidded into a power pole, snapped it off level with the ground and ended up sideways in someones yard.
My next door yelled at him to hide the vehicle in his back yard.
And so, I was on the phone again with the police reporting a hit and run.
Police, paramedics, the electricity company and fire brigade all turned up and my reported incident got shuffled to the back of the que as was right and proper.
I spoke to my landlord and they are building a 6 foot fence at the front of the property and I spoke to some friends who breed German Shepherds and I'm buying a massive adult male called Death. Sounds bloody perfect to me. Death is obedience trained and has been cleared for hip and elbow displasia.
I can hardly wait.

Well it's been a hellish day.
Next door in brzen full daylight entered my front yard and as casually as you please started throwing my fire wood over the fence into their yard.
I roared at them and forgot I was a lady for a bit.
I rung the police and no sooner did I get off the phone than his idiot mate came speeding down the road, did a doughnut and a burn out, lost control of the vehicle and skidded into a power pole, snapped it off level with the ground and ended up sideways in someones yard.
My next door yelled at him to hide the vehicle in his back yard.
And so, I was on the phone again with the police reporting a hit and run.
Police, paramedics, the electricity company and fire brigade all turned up and my reported incident got shuffled to the back of the que as was right and proper.
I spoke to my landlord and they are building a 6 foot fence at the front of the property and I spoke to some friends who breed German Shepherds and I'm buying a massive adult male called Death. Sounds bloody perfect to me. Death is obedience trained and has been cleared for hip and elbow displasia.
I can hardly wait.
A bad day, but your future dog sounds promising :)

OK, you win the prize for bizarre neighbors.
We have a farm next to us with the nicest Amish family. The farm on the other side are English and have two adopted kids that they don't pay attention to. Meaning they are living at our house. The seven year old was just outside in our yard showing us his weedwhacker (whipper snipper), and turning it on. It's gas powered. It was 9:30 at night. They come around for breakfast and lunch each day. His sis is 12 and came by with her tablet this afternoon. I told her that she is welcome, but no electronics. Her and littlegranddaughter were on the second floor of the barn watching who knows what on the tablet. Easier than firewood stealing donut doing pole crashing crazies. I hope your dog doesn't eat guinea pigs.

Hey guys! I lost this website and found it again. I think its one of the best weather sites you can have handy.

http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi
Just put in the info in the drop downs and you'll get the weather for the nearest airport in your location. Give it a try and see if you like it.

Monoprice.com has a great Yeti knock off for $102.99

1596724841769.png

Anyone have a good insulated ice chest? Looking for a biggin
Looking for yeti style longer term cold but not a yeti.
Suggestions?
I've heard that since Yeti came out with their long time cold goods, they have some competition. Walmart supposedly has some products that are competitive in their ability to keep things cold. I rarely go to Walmart, so I haven't looked at them.

Agree with that, Phideaux. Don't forget the car battery, too. My cousin's daughter in law picked a lot of sweet corn last night that a farm next to them was done with, was going to feed to the animals if someone didn't want it. So I'm bringing my old icechest over because the ears are to sit in hot water in the ice chest, and then run cold hose water over before taking the corn off the cob for the freezer. Weird way to do it, but we'll be working on it outside this morning, so I'm told that's how we're doing it. Wheat is done, too, so was told to bring buckets to store what we need. The rest has been sold, and will be picked up this week.

Latest posts

Back