Frozen Pizza is in big demand in the frozen South right now

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I cannot find a link to a story right now, but with the deep freeze in the South, I heard on the radio that frozen pizza shortages are existing again. There was a shortage last spring as people went into lock-down. It makes me wonder how many people might eat frozen pizza daily, or almost daily? It also makes me wonder how many preppers have a big stock of frozen pizzas? I love pizza, but rarely eat it.

(Last spring story)
https://www.adweek.com/brand-market...-really-distressing-shortage-is-frozen-pizza/

I can't remember the last time I ate frozen pizza. It's been a while for sure. I do have some LTS pizza kits in buckets that I bought several years ago. They are in storage and I never tried them, but if SHTF, I'd bet they would be popular.

At present, we will either eat pizza from the local tavern or I make my own keto pizza using eggs and cheese for the crust. Of coarse, the one from the bar is better, but we try and limit how much we eat out for health reasons.

If we want pizza I get to make it. flour, water, salt, tomatoes, three kinds of cheese, at least three kinds of meat and a few spices. My large pizza weighs about 5 pounds.

I used to make pizza from scratch but I have not made it in many years. It is a comfort food, and I do like it, but the carbs!

But how many people have never made it from scratch? And how many people do or don't eat frozen pizzas?

Daughter has gluten allergies and it seems every time she orders a gluten free pizza from a pizza place, she gets gluten poisoned. Some people think g.f. allergies are made up for attention seeking purposes. They have never seen her be sick for 3 days after accidentally eating getting gluten because of careless food handlers. Frozen g.f. pizzas from Costco work best for her. She uses it as a base and adds other stuff to build it up, pepperoni, more cheese and whatever else she wants.

We make our own pizzas a few times a month. Everyone makes an individual one, so it works out that everyone gets what they want on it. And the size they want. Husband had a frozen pizza the other night. His favorite is the California Pizza Kitchen Sicilian. Hard to find sometimes, so I keep a few in the freezer.

I think the surge in demand is probably due to people wanting something easy that's a family-pleaser while going through a difficult situation. Yeah, people eat way too much frozen pizza - but I don't think this demand is just about regular use.

I know when I'm stressed out but still have to figure out what to feed people, I love looking in the freezer for some frozen dinner I've already put together and all I have to do is pop it in the oven.

I picked up bacon, milk, strawberries, & Red Baron pizza. The sheves are full, some are on sale to move faster. We did not get any snow, maybe that it.

I picked up bacon, milk, strawberries, & Red Baron pizza. The shelves are full, some are on sale to move faster. We did not get any snow, maybe that it.
Well, it was definitely the storm that shut off power to people that caused the pizza cases to go empty. I walk a dog for a 30 year old man. I often see empty frozen pizza boxes at his place. I suppose buying a frozen pizza may be less expensive than buying other food to go. I imagine someone like him going to the store and buying as many frozen pizzas as he can, or going every afternoon and buying his daily frozen pizza.

Latest posts

Back