Fruit press What do you thin?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neb

Jack of all trades master of some
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The Princess has her eye on a fruit press.

2.38 Gallon Heavy-duty Cross-beam Stainless Steel Fruit and Wine Press https://a.co/d/2tBUFrV

We have apples, grapes, and elderberry growing which will be fodder for the press.

I am leaning toward yes on the larger version. Anyone want to tell us what to do?

Ben

For apples, maybe. For other fruits, consider a menu maihu steam juicer.
I had an antique wood press and was not impressed with the results. I’m lucky in that there’s a local press where I can dump the fruit on the conveyor then walk over to a bulk tank to bottle the juice, about 50 cents a gallon. Without that option, though, I might go for the one you show. It does look nice.
I absolutely love the steam juicer. Very little work, and clear, pure juice in no time. I have canned the juice almost directly from that point.
Lehman’s has a steam canner if you want to look online at one. Local stores might have them, at least they do around here.
Also noticed at Lehman’s something new- the equipment needed to can in #10 and smaller cans. I do believe that you can still get #10 cans. Might be a quantity thing, but it’s an option.

You'll need the apple pulper as well. The apple pulp can and feed the chickens or hogs. I imagine the horses and others will like it also. I have use the apple pulp to make apple cider vinegar, good stuff.

The Princess has her eye on a fruit press.

2.38 Gallon Heavy-duty Cross-beam Stainless Steel Fruit and Wine Press https://a.co/d/2tBUFrV

We have apples, grapes, and elderberry growing which will be fodder for the press.

I am leaning toward yes on the larger version. Anyone want to tell us what to do?

Ben
Ben, I have a wooden (old fashioned) one. I love having it. The basket is probably 4-5 gallons. One thing I like is that I can use it for fruit yes, but I am also hoping to use it as a cheese press. If the plunger in the larger one isn’t any wider, it can be useful for even smaller batches of things. If you have the smaller size and need larger, not much in the way of options.
My 2 cents 😊
PS - homemade cider / apple juice tastes soooo much better than anything you can purchase!

Latest posts

Back