Funny encounter

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
At the live stock trade fair last weekend I had a funny exchange with an old dude he looked to be around 80
I am selling leather canteens, he looks at one and asks how much. I said $35. He starts grumbling that is to high . So I said because it is the end of the day I will give it to you for 30. He looks at me and says 30? You just went up 5 bucks
Only thing I can figure is I said 35 he heard 25. So I decided to have some fun
I said because you are taking so long to make up your mind the price is now 40 he yelled that you can not go up! I yelled back 45 !!!! Lol. He was not going to buy so I might as well have fun picking on him.

I was selling my peaches at the farmers market once. The county has a little bus for the elderly. They’d come to the market each time it opened. I saw a tiny old lady buy a watermelon from a fellow farmer who carried it onto the bus for her.

Then she came and bought peaches from me which I carried onto the bus. It was all I could do to control my laughter…

She had the melon guy put her oblong melon in a bus seat and put the seat belt on it! I see this melon on it’s end. It’s all strapped in a seat like it was a little kid. 🤣

Don’t get me started on people who I know aren’t going to buy anything… yet they waste my time anyway. Of all the fruits, peaches bruise very easily. Every once in a while I’d get a moron who wants to touch every peach I brought to the market knowing full well they aren’t going to buy any.

gaah

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back