Funny or amazing video thread.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool idea.

Water Wheel Pump

Ingenious!

I would think you could get 5’ or more of head by enlarging the diameter of the “wheel” More than 10’ diameter might become unstable or hard to control? It was hard to see just what they used as the connection between the wheel and the delivery pipe. I suppose it would not need to be watertight but would lead to some amount of friction and a point in which the system would wear the fastest. Weakpoint.

Possibly have it dump into a reservoir so no actual connection required? Then the delivery pipe would lead out of the reservoir to the destination pond.

I had cows who would play with the rope swing on my farm. They'd push it back and forth with their heads. Sometimes the tire would collect water after a hard rain and they'd stick their face in to investigate. I only had one who's body got stuck. I didn't see how it happened, but when i walked over to assist, the cow got excited and kicked to get themselves out. There was no harm done, and that was the one and only time it happened.

My goats would probably love a swing like that. Pretty sure one doe would climb in on purpose. She's wired like that. We have barrels, from when the kids were barrel racing, and she likes to knock them over and try to stand on them while they roll.

Latest posts

Back