• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Garden 2020.

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Our lettuce is done. Might try more later this year. We are harvesting snow peas, zuchini, cukes, onions, peppers, got our first mater. Picking about a quart of blueberries every other day.
Harvested a bowl of Plantain last Saturday and made a pint of tinqure with it. 1st time for that process.

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Just harvested more kale and swiss chard. Even though its been very hot and humid it still hasn't bolted so I'll just keep on cutting it and using it or freezing it
Picked 4 green peppers this morning
I have one tomato ripening on the vine so far
Also finally have 3 tiny little cucumbers on the vine lol Saw them this morning when I was watering
Need to seed some more radishes. I already went through what I seeded earlier lol
I have green beans but they're not quite large enough yet
Zucchini still is blooming but no fruit. I think thats a bust for this year
Herbs are growing really well now, I'll start cutting and drying them probably next week
Celery is doing well but it won't be as big stalk wise as commercial but I know from last year it has way more flavor than commercial.
Cabbages are ready to harvest. just need to go do it. Probably tomorrow morning
Some time in July I have to start more plants for a fall garden

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Watered the garden this morning. It needed it. Gonna be in the 90's for a week at least. Hope we get some rain

I have a tiny zucchini lol Its about an inch long right now
One tomato will be ready to pick tomorrow.
Have to pick the cabbage tomorrow morning
Will pick more green beans tomorrow also
Gonna have a good many green peppers its looks like
Kale just keeps growing without bolting so I just keep watering it and harvesting the leaves lol
If all the blossoms make I'll have a good many cherry tomatoes too

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We are getting a bunch of cukes, bell peppers, zuchini, & blueberries right now. Making pickles and blueberry jam this weekend. Gave a way 11 Zuc's this week. Much more than we can eat. Bell peppers are getting eatin, but about ready to start freezing some of them. I've got 2 heads of cabbage to harvest and gonna dig some taters to see how they are looking. Got our first batch of tomatos this week too. I think 6 or 8. We got a bunch of rain this week, so no watering needed for several more days.

Latest posts