Generate electricity from thin air?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get your formulas too close to one of these! :oops::

Notice they disassemble it after the demonstration.
They have been around since the 1970's. Their only drawback is they are not cost-effective compared to fossil-fuels... Yet.

Wow!

I have never seen one of those before....

I scientist with a lawyer. 🤣

Ben

Last edited:
There's a company that is building a Tesla-style tower in Texas - it will be interesting to see if they can pull it off: vizivtechnologies.com/about/
Hopefully it fares better than these did:(:

...'electricity from thin air'.
They already spent tons of money putting them up, whut happened? :dunno:
It was all free 'green-power' after that. :(

Last edited:
Tesla said it was possible to tap into it, the universal ether energy. He created a car that he drove around NYC for hours that was powered by a black box he had created that was connected to an electric motor. You should read the book.
Stan Deyo has been working on some of those things, the etherial energy that comes from the sun, I've seen some of the drawings and they make sense, I've thought of these things as well. Tesla was a genius, but he had a lot of psychological problems, he was always afraid someone was going to steal his inventions and he kept most of his information in his head. He was at odds with Thomas Edison, look up what Edison did trying to discredit Tesla, the battle between having DC power over AC power.

If you ever want to throw a curve to a science teacher, ask them what the speed of magnetic lines of force are, or the speed of gravity lines.
OK call me crazy

I came up with a fixture that would let me measure the gravimetric field in my side yard . Synchronized with the moon's position could let me determine the speed at which the gravimetric field changes.

I know too far Ben.

Ben

Hopefully it fares better than these did:(:

...'electricity from thin air'.
They already spent tons of money putting them up, whut happened? :dunno:
It was all free 'green-power' after that. :(

LOL - we have a bunch of these up the canyon from our house - there's 8 or 9 of them and there's never more than 1 or 2 slowly spinning. Has to have been a huge waste of $

If you ever want to throw a curve to a science teacher, ask them what the speed of magnetic lines of force are, or the speed of gravity lines.
It's amazing after centuries, how little we know about either of those.
Sure, we can calculate to the n'th degree their effect on things, but how they generate/produce force, we still have no clue.
Two identical pieces of iron, one produces great magnetic force, the other one produces none.
The only thing we can say is one is missing it's 'magical' (magnetic) powers.
The most important thing is, like-pole 'magnetic fields' are the only thing on earth that physically push away from each other without touching. :oops:

Mass warps space.

A planet does not follow a curved path around the sun but rather follows a straight path in a curved space.

The difference between a magnetized bar a non is a matter of how how the magnetic domains of the constituent atom are aligned.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...magnetism,_ferromagnetism_and_spin_waves.webm
There isn't much linear about magnetic fields that can be described without boring math. There are a handful of properties of magnetic fields that can be understood without math.

Magnets are always dipoles. They always have a north and a south. Cut a magnet in half and you end up two magnets with a north and a south.

Magnetic field lines always exit normal to a surface.

Mag field lines do not cross.

Field lines tend to be as short as possible.

Field lines tend to avoid other field lines.

When all of those properties are satisfied the field is in a low energy state.

When two north poles are pushed together the fields interact the field lines are ... squished together and the energy required to push the two like poles together is stored in the magnetic fields. Much like squishing down compression spring.

That is about I can say without math.

Ben

When two north poles are pushed together the fields interact the field lines are ... squished together and the energy required to push the two like poles together is stored in the magnetic fields. Much like squishing down compression spring.

That is about I can say without math.
This is where mankind gets it wrong when it comes to harnessing the power permanent magnets produce continuously for decades.
The two like poles magnets can be moved close to each other using almost no force if a 'distraction' is moved between them.
They will actually pull towards each other. :oops:
When the distraction is removed, they produce power pushing away from each other.
Everybody tries to harness the power of magnets pulling at each other, which little different than a tension spring, and will not work.
We know that magnets produce far more power than it takes to make them.
And we know that power is safe.
We just seem to suck at turning it into electricity.:(
And I know why.
Do you think the electric power companies would let a design come to market that would allow every house to have it's own permanent-magnet electricity generator?
Since I am a member of "The Dark Side", I can tell you that we will buy every design, and every patent, that comes out.:waiting:

Last edited:
This is where mankind gets it wrong when it comes to harnessing the power permanent magnets produce continuously for decades.
The two like poles magnets can be moved close to each other using almost no force if a 'distraction' is moved between them.
They will actually pull towards each other. :oops:
When the distraction is removed, they produce power pushing away from each other.
Everybody tries to harness the power of magnets pulling at each other, which little different than a tension spring, and will not work.
We know that magnets produce far more power than it takes to make them.
And we know that power is safe.
We just seem to suck at turning it into electricity.:(
And I know why.
Do you think the electric power companies would let a design come to market that would allow every house to have it's own permanent-magnet electricity generator?
Since I am a member of "The Dark Side", I can tell you that we will buy every design, and every patent, that comes out.:waiting:
If you come up with an example that can be reproduced please let me know. Winning a Nobel Prize is still on my to-do list.

Ben

If you come up with an example that can be reproduced please let me know. Winning a Nobel Prize is still on my to-do list.

Ben
I already did that after I finished research with Flashlight.
The other big part they missed, was that the outside housing must spin as well as the inner rotor.
I had it all drawn out, but what's the use?
It would just end up getting sold to the power companies and would end up on the pile with all the others :( :
raiders-of-the-lost-ark-warehouse.jpg

Last edited:
I already did that after I finished research with Flashlight.
The other big part they missed, was that the outside housing must spin as well as the inner rotor.
I had it all drawn out, but what's the use?
It would just end up getting sold to the power companies and would end up on the pile with the others :( :
raiders-of-the-lost-ark-warehouse.jpg
It would make it has far as storage in the Smithsonian not far from the ark of the covenant after you cash in.

Ben

Here's something to think about in considering the speed of magnetic lines of force, when you take a coil of copper and slowly pass it through a magnetic field, the electricity coming from that coil is traveling at nearly the speed of light.

Here's something to think about in considering the speed of magnetic lines of force, when you take a coil of copper and slowly pass it through a magnetic field, the electricity coming from that coil is traveling at nearly the speed of light.
Yes, and something @Neb said still bugs me:
Field lines tend to be as short as possible.
Everything else he said is true.
Short is a relative term. I stacked 6 of the ferro-magnets that are shown in my video together and moved a compass needle 6 feet away.
Sure, that is really weak, but the lines of force were present that far away.

Hair splitting now I admit...

It is the electric field that propagates near the speed of light.

Think of those balls on strings physics desk ornaments...

81PELZn3rdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The ball falling in on one side is NOT the ball that comes out at the other end. Same thing with electrons entering a conductor.

Too much detail....

The best explanation of how a changing magnetic field interacts with a conductor is the Lorenz's Transform.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_transformation
It takes into consideration relativity to explain how a changing magnetic field induces voltage.

Let me know if you need help with that goblededuc.

I shared previously.

1-Maxwells-equations-in-time-domain.png

The top left equation translates into English as...

The induced voltage is proportional with how fast the magnetic field is passing through the conductor.

Faster = more voltage
Stronger magnet = more flux lines
More windings = multiply by winding count....

Ben

Yes, and something @Neb said still bugs me:
Everything else he said is true.
Short is a relative term. I stacked 6 of the ferro-magnets that are shown in my video together and moved a compass needle 6 feet away.
Sure, that is really weak, but the lines of force were present that far away.
I hope I can help.

Ben

It's easy for us to think there's a huge conspiracy to keep us from being able to generate our own power.

This requires us to ignore history and the evolution of the science. Does anyone think Michael Faraday was clever enough to discover that a conductor moving through a magnetic field causes electron flow, and invent an electric motor -- but too stupid to figure out how to generate free power from those very same magnets?

If you do think that, you are delusional.

Permanent magnets decay. Friction is real. Even if we could drag a wire through the earth's magnetic field, it would still cost us great effort and money to make that happen. IMO, the closest thing we have to "free power" is hydro-electric. It's the simplest and most effective way to harness the sun.

It's easy for us to think there's a huge conspiracy to keep us from being able to generate our own power.

This requires us to ignore history and the evolution of the science. Does anyone think Michael Faraday was clever enough to discover that a conductor moving through a magnetic field causes electron flow, and invent an electric motor -- but too stupid to figure out how to generate free power from those very same magnets?

If you do think that, you are delusional.
We're not delusional. There are hundreds of designs that we use everyday that he did not think of.
Magnet motors have been around for decades. You can find grainy videos of them running back in the late 70's on youtube.
Unfortunately they all share the same design flaw: they only have 2 elements and work off of the very slight difference between the force of attraction and repulsion of magnets.
They all lack 'the third element' which I called a "distraction" that turns permanent magnets off completely.
Here's one in action:
mpnwykxir7an4piljk54_300x300.jpg

I remember the brain twisting I went through learning about transistors, most of which I have forgotten (old age?), one thing that was hard to grasp was "holes", all I can remember is that I used CK 722 transistors and a 1N34 diode for a first transistor radio I made in my teens during the beginnings of an ongoing radio and electronics hobby, which probably lead me into working on solar systems. I guess this is my old man hobby and it's all good.

We're not delusional. There are hundreds of designs that we use everyday that he did not think of.
Magnet motors have been around for decades. You can find grainy videos of them running back in the late 70's on youtube.
Unfortunately they all share the same design flaw: they only have 2 elements and work off of the very slight difference between the force of attraction and repulsion of magnets.
They all lack 'the third element' which I called a "distraction" that turns permanent magnets off completely.
Here's one in action:
mpnwykxir7an4piljk54_300x300.jpg
That looks like a "keeper.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_keeper

Ben

I remember the brain twisting I went through learning about transistors, most of which I have forgotten (old age?), one thing that was hard to grasp was "holes", all I can remember is that I used CK 722 transistors and a 1N34 diode for a first transistor radio I made in my teens during the beginnings of an ongoing radio and electronics hobby, which probably lead me into working on solar systems. I guess this is my old man hobby and it's all good.
So, I am not the only one that remembers 'crystal-radios' that required no electric power to work?
Fortunately they were able to get us away from that 'free power' stuff pretty quick. :thumbs:
1656px-Vintage_Arrow_Germanium_Crystal_Radio_%2823708349181%29.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen one that didn't require energy from elsewhere.

They were powered via the radio signal. Induced power.
When I was in my early teens, a friend had a very old crystal radio that had a large coil with a wiper for tuning and a lead crystal holder that had a whisker to find the sweet spot for receiving radio signals, it had the original 2,000 ohm headphones and when a station was found it was quite loud, it was in a beautiful wooden case, I would love to have that old radio.

I've never seen one that didn't require energy from elsewhere.
It doesn't matter.
All current magnet-motor designs suck.
Their energy source is internal though:

If this one is fake, they sure went thru a lot of trouble to make it, and a company to sell them. :rolleyes:
...And this demonstration video in the middle of nowhere:

Edit: Don't worry, you will never be able to buy one in the USA. We will make sure of that.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter.
All current magnet-motor designs suck.
Their energy source is internal though:

If this one is fake, they sure went thru a lot of trouble to make it, and a company to sell them. :rolleyes:
...And this demonstration video in the middle of nowhere:

Edit: Don't worry, you will never be able to buy one in the USA. We will make sure of that.

I like it!

I spent an hour or two looking at your links and chasing those links..

I need more time to read and process.

I have basic truths that have understand in the context or adjust.

You don't get something for nothing.

Where does the energy come from. ????

Ben

Latest posts

Back