Generation X vs Millennial's

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neices and nephews (ages 24 - 29) are all squared away like that. One is an Air Force nurse, two are ESL teachers, there's an agronomist, a linguist, a nutritionist, and one is a teacher but is a full time mom of two little girls at the moment. Even the one who is mildly autistic is employed full time as a truck driver. But, they were all raised in an old school way, and I think that's really the difference.

:green man::great:

Perhaps the Millennial and Gen-whatevers that actually have morals and a work ethic, we never hear about? We only hear about and from the other half of them, the whinners. The good ones are too busy with life to be bothered with whining.

I don’t know from what “generation”: X, millennial, or whatever. So do not know the age groups specifically. I mainly only see and hear from the whiners, the ones without a real purpose or goal in life. The ones with principles I only see when I go to visit friends or family.

How are the boys doing?” “Mike is in Arizona working for an engineering firm, Bob is in Seattle doing his residency.” Or the children are there and you get to converse with them, they are not buried in their phones. And most, even the teens, can carry on an actual conversation. We do not talk about politics, lifestyles or how they ‘feel’ about thing, we just chat like normal folks about life in general.

The ones I see out and about have nothing going on in life that I can see. The hate their job, their family, their possessions, they pretty much just complain about everything. I do not even try talking to them anymore. There is an excuse for everything and none of it is their fault.

Perhaps the Millennial and Gen-whatevers that actually have morals and a work ethic, we never hear about? We only hear about and from the other half of them, the whinners. The good ones are too busy with life to be bothered with whining.

I don’t know from what “generation”: X, millennial, or whatever. So do not know the age groups specifically. I mainly only see and hear from the whiners, the ones without a real purpose or goal in life. The ones with principles I only see when I go to visit friends or family.

How are the boys doing?” “Mike is in Arizona working for an engineering firm, Bob is in Seattle doing his residency.” Or the children are there and you get to converse with them, they are not buried in their phones. And most, even the teens, can carry on an actual conversation. We do not talk about politics, lifestyles or how they ‘feel’ about thing, we just chat like normal folks about life in general.

The ones I see out and about have nothing going on in life that I can see. The hate their job, their family, their possessions, they pretty much just complain about everything. I do not even try talking to them anymore. There is an excuse for everything and none of it is their fault.

Those born from 1960-1990 are Generation X.
Those born from 1990-2018 are Millennial's .

I agree there are good one in both groups.

When I started working for the Government I took a pay cut from unemployment. My co worker took a pay cut from bagging groceries. We were GS3's. No one starts that low anymore. I really can't imagine things are harder today.
"We" started as a GS5 back in '98.

I am gen x just made it into the category at the bottom by a couple of years also known as the last year of what was known as the baby boomers depending on which site you look up.

Both of my children are also gen x but both are useless and rely on others to make them a living, go grandad (my father) who is funding them and their lifestyle. Think when grandad goes there will be mass panic because no-one is paying their bills anymore.

I am gen x just made it into the category at the bottom by a couple of years also known as the last year of what was known as the baby boomers depending on which site you look up.

Both of my children are also gen x but both are useless and rely on others to make them a living, go grandad (my father) who is funding them and their lifestyle. Think when grandad goes there will be mass panic because no-one is paying their bills anymore.

Anyone with any size family has them too Swewing.
Take care.

Let's hear it for the BABY BOOMERS!!!

In an effort to educate the younger set, here's a list of Baby Boomer inventions.
  • DNA Fingerprinting. ...
  • The Jarvik 7. ...
  • Apple II. ...
  • The WWW. ...
  • Free Shipping. ...
  • The Universal Serial Bus port. ...
  • The Ethernet. ...
  • The Nanoscale Motor.
  • Synthetic Skin
  • Flex foot prosthesis

Latest posts

Back