Getting it done and doing the 'things'

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The table didn't move when that front quarter was thrown on it. I have to believe that they have done this before.
I like that pressure cooker, I'm thinking there is one in my future... ;) I can build that!

Yea, you can tell they have done it before and they know what they are doing.
Still, I can't help but think of how bad it would be if all those freshly canned jars of meat hit that concrete floor. :(
With kids and dogs around you just never know.
If we would have had a pressure cooker like that it wouldn't have taken us a week to can tuna.

Yep, and I wouldn't have spent four days canning the veggies from my garden either. I would have more freezer room because of all the canned meat. We do can some meat but that would fill both pantries! :)
We only have two pressure canners and two outdoor burners. The stove is busy with the preparations and heating lids and such and one pressure canner is starting its cycle while the other is cooling so it takes time with just the two of us. It would still take time with the big canner but fewer cycles.

The meat grinder brought back childhood memories that I'd rather forget.
We were pros with it by age 14.
Kid> "Hey mom, what's for supper? Oh no!, Not agaaaiin!!!"
overreaction110.gif

Latest posts

Back