Goats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina Mac

Friend
Neighbor
I put this the first time in the wrong forum : We are currently raising Keko/Boer mix we just had spring babies during the ice storms (of course) 3 males, when do we (what's the word) remove the kinicker boobs. Also, when are the old enough to rehome and should we leave intact?

The word you are looking for is "castration". It is typically done between 8 and 10 weeks. (earlier is OK but no later than 12 weeks or it can cause long term health issues.
If you are selling breeders then you should leave them intact and charge more. Folks who just want a goat to eat or to eat the vegetation around the yard are better off with a castrated goat.

I often wonder where all the rubber bands go?!? Even when I buy new ones there are never any in the office. Think I have seen my husband AND the jack donkey in there together?!?😯😀

They are old enough to castrate as soon as the testes drop. We used to wean bucklings at 3 months and doelings at 5 months.

Reactions: Neb

Latest posts

Back