Going Soapless' Again'

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell us you use tooth paste. This thread has been disgusting.

Sorry looks like you may get even more disgusted SouthC. :barf:. No toothpaste in well over 30 years. Very healthy gums [ especially for an older person } and hardly no cavities over that time.

I use baking soda and table salt. Then I brush with Hydrogen peroxide at least once a week.:woo hoo:.

Far as no soap or very little why not do a smell test the next day before your next bath, after washing with water or salt ,then do the same after soap . You will be surprised at the difference without the soapy film holding onto the bacteria in your skin from everyday life. The same stuff that clings to your bathtub after a good soapy bath.
Mostly I use table salt lately, but also use Epsom salt and lemon. Just pour the salt on wash rag, then scrub then pure lemon and rinse. :thumbs:

With my work I need something to cut the grim off, so I would have to use soap at least 3 times a week.
I have went month without deodorant, used salt block.

Sometimes we do have to use soap to get the grime off. :thumbs:

About the Hydrogen Peroxide. The stuff is like a miracle for gum disease. Lightly brush every day for awhile with it and good buy bad breath and red irritated gums. Of course talk to your doctor first if you like. And keep the disease ,lol. I'm no doctor so treat at your own risk.
Had family member who had it for years and spent $1000s at dentist being scraped, and chemicled , peroxide cured it in a couple months.

Back