Good Morning Everyone.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hi all, What do you have planned for the day.

I'm going to visit here, do some house work. Then take folks out to lunch and probably an errand. Then have to go meet someone to get a 6" hand carved doll to use for a mannequin for some doll clothes I'll be making for them to give for Christmas.

For the evening, taking my Aunt Peg to church for the first December seasonal program.

What are you doing.

Most of mine is prepping to be gone all day tomorrow. Got the 100# of feed out of my truck and into the bin. Tried to get to the in cabin air filter in the truck but I've decided that I'll let the professionals break the plastic parts so they have to pay for them.

Now that I'm back in the house for a while I've got housekeeping chores.

I'll trade you, yours sounds much less mundane than mine.

Did some hunting this morning. Getting a bite to eat. Looking at possibly mixing a batch of copper and oil to spray my fruit and nut trees.. I can't get them all yet. It's been so hot some aren't dormant yet. Looks like starting Wednesday we will have some nights in the 30's so all should be well ready by next weekend. Then I'll drive back to Ocala....

Darling hubby has the crud. I think a houseful of sick kids wouldn't be as bad as one sick man! If he was as sick as he whines he is he'd be in the hospital.
And I have one that wouldn't admit he was sick if he dropped dead.

Just seemed so appropriate...

sick.jpg

Jim

Cleaning after yesterday’s B&B guests, getting the big burn pile ready for tomorrow, shopping for new chains for me garden tractor snow blower and replacing a shear pin on the other snowblower. That pin is deep on an auger on a three stage blower, I think it’s going to take a removal of the front augers to access. Note to self ... never buy a three stage snowblower, too much extra work.

It's been raining here a lot. Gee a wet start to wet season. Go figure.

I've left laying down cardboard and wood chips over the grass too late and well my energy levels
have been really low.
In a break between storms I'll put on my gum boots so I won't get bitten by snakes when I walk through the jungle that is my yard and feed the chickens.
The chickens have a nice dry house but insist on staying out in the rain.
It's one of life's mysteries for sure.

Tank Girl

I sure hope your doing better ,

Jim

Hey Jim!

Not really BUT I've decided to stop taking all the meds except the anti-nausea wafer.
I can't see the point in taking meds that I'm either allergic to simply can't keep down.

I find I'm able to keep fresh veggie and fruit juice down so long as it's not too acid.
So I guess that's a start. At least I'm able to get some nutrition.
I have good days and bad days but in all things I am grateful.

Tank-girl,
Back when I had migraines I had trouble keeping anything in my stomach but I found that two raw eggs in the blender with a cup and a half of ice cream and a quarter cup of milk stayed down and could replace a meal. I think you should try it. If you tolerate chocolate then add some chocolate syrup to it. It's good for the soul if nothing else.

Tank-girl,
Back when I had migraines I had trouble keeping anything in my stomach but I found that two raw eggs in the blender with a cup and a half of ice cream and a quarter cup of milk stayed down and could replace a meal. I think you should try it. If you tolerate chocolate then add some chocolate syrup to it. It's good for the soul if nothing else.

I really appreciate that you're concerned enough to tell me what helped for you. Thank you.
Unfortunately my bad cholesterol levels are sky high, even after this time of not being able to eat so I'm alarmed at what it might have been when I was able to. YIKES!
I'm refusing to take the cholesterol meds because of the side effects which list chest pain as a main one...You take cholesterol meds so you don't get chest pains! PASS.
I can see I'm going to have to go plant based. *sigh*
I flat out refuse to call myself vegan. I'm not going there as to reasons why expect to say...vegans. Nuff said.

Vegan, isn't that an indian word that means "poor hunter"?

Glad to be of service.
To be honest I have been so low that i forgot what laughter was.
The love of my family was all that kept me alive.
Keep doing what you can to enjoy living darlin'!

If anyone knows how to get ahold of tmttatical send him a link to home as he is trying to locate us. I sent him a PM with my email, I hope he gets it.

If anyone knows how to get ahold of tmttatical send him a link to home as he is trying to locate us. I sent him a PM with my email, I hope he gets it.
Yep the reptile got it and here he is. Just remember always be careful of what you ask for, it this case you got it. :eyeballs:

What type of reptile? Do you eat the bugs and mice that might try to invade?

I am the King of the reptiles, my little subjects get the bugs, I hang around with my friend Godzilla and to communicate with the mother ship in orbit, planning world domination. :devil::LOL:

Latest posts

Back